• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What to put in Jack's SS bucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Hi Everyone,

Jack absoltely loves his Stainless Steel bucket and he loves to pull everything out of it every day..lol. Most days it is multiple times a day, but I feel like he is bored with the foot toys I put in it, and I was looking for suggestions? What do you all put in their foragin buckets?

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Bird safe SS nuts and bolts

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Marie, those are great! Nani loves those....I put wood blocks on them and she has fun!

In my foraging buckets or baskets I put everything...partially destroyed toy -parts...new plastic and wood pieces. Foot toys that I buy or make, shreddable paper and parts, mini cardboard boxes stuffed with shredded paper and a treat, dixie cups with a treat and twisted closed, empty pill bottles stuffed with things, straws tied together with a zip tie, etc.....whatever I can find! lol

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
lollipop sticks, popscicle sticks, 100% wood clothes pins, chew sticks or cut up dowels, wood pieces, plastic nuts and bolts, sunshine wheels, spin wheels, plastic flowers, plastic stars, plastic keys, plastic balls, parrot rollers, smiley mugs, plastic tops, stainless steel stacking cups and foot toys.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
ohhhh Leslie those are some good ideas! Jack is being a curious (translates to "bad") boy today. Cannot keep him on his cage, cannot keep him interested in the brand new toys on and in the cage and he wants to bite.. We need ideas to keep his little birdy mind busy

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Ohhh Ann, I need to get to your website. I have to say that I bought the stacking cups from your store and they all love them.

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Give him a tupperware/rubbermaid tote with short sides filled with toys and nice clean flat river rocks - then hide smaller toys, nuts and treats inside wadded or wrapped paper. Put under the rocks and bigger toys. Put some wads of paper that have nothing too. He has to dig though all of them to find the goodies. Ray can work on this for a long while. I wouldn't put the tote on top of anything tall, take it from me, once they figure out they can throw the river rocks, they get a kick out of nailing someone passing by.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Ohhh I like those ideas. Can I buy empty pill bottles at Walmart? Drugstore? I like the idea of putting little snacks inside and they have to work to get them out. He needs to keep that little birdy brain busy. He is sooo active and no matter how many toys I give him, he gets bored fast and comes looking for trouble...lol.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
lollipop sticks, popscicle sticks, 100% wood clothes pins, chew sticks or cut up dowels, wood pieces, plastic nuts and bolts, sunshine wheels, spin wheels, plastic flowers, plastic stars, plastic keys, plastic balls, parrot rollers, smiley mugs, plastic tops, stainless steel stacking cups and foot toys.
I also use popsicle sticks, baby toys, and plastic nuts and bolts. i have a ss set of measuring spoons that nani loves...I also have some SS cups!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
SS measuring spoons are great even though you may get a headache. Also using a small SS pot or pan for the toy box may entertain for awhile while he makes noise banging stuff around in it.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
LOL.... I better take some advil before we try that. He loves to make noise. One of his favorite things to do is to unhook his SS bucket and let it fall. It makes a heck of a racket and his eyes get real big like "wow did you hear that?". He is way different than my other two. They like to play independently and then fly over for some TLC, but he is really a velcro bird, and I never truly understood that saying until I had one...lol. I really feel like it is important for him to learn to play independently and be happy, but I am kinda in the dark on how to do it. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.