• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What to do on day one with a hand fed baby

Joanncat

Moving in
Hi,
I am wondering what you all recommend as I see differing opinions on this subject. I am getting a baby green cheek conure once it is fully weaned. It has been hand fed by the breeder. Would you recommend leaving it alone for a bit? If so, how long? Or would you recommend interacting with it as long as it seems comfortable with it? Obviously I would not push anything on the bird and if it looked scared or uncomfortable, then I would for sure let it be to settle in. Thanks!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Follow the bird's lead :) I tend to give them a day in the cage to get used to the sounds and everyday activities of my home, but some are ready to come out immediately while others need longer. Either way I just open the cage when it feels right and let them decide if they want to stay in or come out

Joanncat

Moving in
Follow the bird's lead :) I tend to give them a day in the cage to get used to the sounds and everyday activities of my home, but some are ready to come out immediately while others need longer. Either way I just open the cage when it feels right and let them decide if they want to stay in or come out
Thank you!