• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What species is this,actually?

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
I went to the LBS to get some pellets and saw this Amazon sitting on a perch.He has a yellow botch on his head,but not connected to his beak as you see with other YCA's (like Crown) but it's also not like the botch is on his neck like the YNA.
I was,however,curious about the 'Yellow Neck Amazon' label under his perch.First of all,is there even an Amazon type named that?I know the Yellow Naped,but not Neck.Secondly,the yellow spot isn't even on the neck!To be clear,it is ON THE HEAD!Just not connected to the beak.And his tag was set to $4000.I doubt if ANY,ANY Amazon will have that price.Usually YCA's and YNA's cost less than $2000,and Crown was $1700.How on Earth did he get such a high tag?
And in the conversation,I also learnt that the previous owner sold him at that exact $4000 price to them the other day,and claimed that he was a 'rare breed'.The staff also insisted that he was a 'so-called Yellow Neck' but I don't know.I left with a bag of pellets and heavy confusion.
So,does anyone know if Yellow Necks actually exist?And why they have a hefty tag?Thanks for reading! :)

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
something like this.I searched this pic online and this is,the first time that I'd ever posted pics here,so the pic might not work.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not sure Sam, someone else better @ the Zon thing may know. I know some but not all, & not this last one, even tho the link says yellow crowned.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Is it a big bird? Could be a Mealy Amazon:

The second link you provided looks like a Mealy too. The first link looks like a Yellow Crowned also known as a Yellow Fronted.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Not a Mealy,his outer eye rings are not that big,feathers not that dark and the second link belongs to a YCA.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
So I went there again and now learnt that he (they told me probably male) is 6,7 years old (damn young) so only got yellow on head (...).Also he told me that the eye and beak is apparently 'different',which I hardly believe as well.