• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what sort of goldenfeast for Rydia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilraen

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danae
I've been getting her the Caribbean South with some of the golden'o'bles mixed in, but she seems to waste a lot of it. She throws out most of the large chunks, the pumpkin seeds(what the heck, bird?) and though she likes some of the smaller pieces, like the carrot or the various legumes, unless I pick them out for her, she won't eat them. Is there either a way to get her to be less wasteful with the food she's getting now or a different sort I could try with her? I am working on doing up a mash diet for her, but I also like to use something like this since it gives a bit more variety than she'd get otherwise.

BTW, so no one has to ask, she's a green cheek conure :D

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
My conure never cared much for the caribbean blend, so I started her on Central American blend. It has more smaller pieces and so I haven't noticed her consistently tossing anything but the dried cherries. Mine hate the pumpkin seeds too....lol

Gilraen

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danae
Hm, she doesn't like the anise, but the rest she's been okay with in the past, I think. I think I'll get some of that next time I need to order some :)

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
No advice on the mix here. I just use breads to get things into my flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.