• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What songs do your fids enjoy?

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
This has probably been posted already, but I'm wondering what songs are your fids always singing and dancing to? Do they like a certain genre? Are there songs they hate?

Just wondering.

Mochi is currently obsessed with Pillowtalk by Zayn.
Maccha loves Can't feel my face by The Weeknd.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have tried all kinds of different songs with Sunny and basically got no reaction, until one day he accidentally overheard "Let It Go" from Frozen. I look down and he's doing the head sway thing, completely enthralled. So apparently, by bird likes Disney music. :facepalm: (Or as I joke to my friends, he must think Idina Menzel's singing voice reminds him of mine. :rofl: Not. )

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
My GCC has taken on my favored genre a bit. Yuka loves a few songs from an Japanese singer, Ikue Asazaki, which I couldn't be happier about. :D
Her favorite is Obokuri-Eeumi, but Ikyunnyakana is a close second. Mimi though, couldn't care less. :hilarious:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Rocky was Jimmy Buffet fan. Sweet pea like Bob Seager

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The littles dig Elvis...it's on all the time from XM in the front room. Milton likes oldies that he can "sing" along to...and no, you don't want to hear him sing! He converts the song into wild whistles and VERY off-key 'too melodies...:tongue2:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
none!:lol: weeble seems to tolerate country pretty well, but put something fun on and dance and you better have ear plugs:wtf::dead:. No dancing allowed here, lol. Gypsy the HH I had used to love opera, florence and the machine, Tori amos, and the phantom of the opera soundtrack. Her very favorite song is "funky town". she'd about throw herself off the cage doing her weird little dance :roflmao:

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Rip is utterly enchanted by Julie Andrews' voice. The singing parts in Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music are about the only movie bits that will stop her in her tracks and captivate her for any length of time.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Red-bellied Roswell's favorites are "All that Jazz" and the overture from the musical Chicago. Mulder's and Scully's favorite: "The Wheels on the Bus" and, of course, the theme song from the X-Files :D :laugh:. Sophie's favorite: "People" by Streisand but we changed the words to "People who love birds are the luckiest people in the world", Casey and Shannon: from Phantom of the Opera...."Sing Once Again with Me Our Strange Duet..." I don't think any of my other birds have any favorites at least as far as I can tell.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Louise likes honky tonk...started with "hello darlin". She also likes "love me do" by the Beatles-chirps/clicks/whistles, no dancing. I had understood that birds are sensitive to loud noise/music. I think she likes loud music... I do try to avoid it... but when I have cranked the volume she comes out of her cage and whistles/chirps.. she doesn't seem agitated at all. When I approach, she hops on my shoulder-no biting, no striking, no flying away. My friend's birds like to dance along, not Louise. I don't like to dance and she gets nervous with any bopping around-then again maybe it's that I am a horrible dancer and she doesn't want to be associated with it. She's a weirdo, a sweet sweet weirdo.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
My birds favorite songs are
Amy Winehouse- Rehab
Bruno Mars- Uptown Funk
Billy Joel- River of Dreams

I've posted videos of my crew dancing to all of those before. It's pretty hilarious
link?

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
It differs a little each day depending on their moods, but generally they like anything with a lot of bass. None of mine are dancers, but they do enjoy birdie singing. Sam sounds like a sick donkey. :wacky:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Twilight and Sunset mostly listen to classical. They seem indifferent to any music I put on. Romeo likes anything with a good dance beat. He seems to really like bad pop songs.:wacky: I had a budgie once that liked opera. I have to say, it seems that my birds favorite songs are the goofy made up ones I sing to them.:roflmao: I think they know if I'm being silly I'm in a good mood, and all is right with the world.

lgrikki

Strolling the yard
My keets love my 1940's Pandora station. The lovies don't seem to have a particular genre favorite, though they do enjoy learning the songs the 3 year old human learns at preschool!

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Ivory loves Maroon 5.... Mac is varied but really enjoyed the opening of Lucifer with No Rest for the Wicked.... Somewhere its appropriate :)

But he'll humm and want me to sway with him like a baby to Sinatra type music.

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Mango likes Whip it by Devo and Cyndi Lauper "She Bop" he really gets to bobbin along with them :)
Lucy loves to sing along with the opera channel and she likes alot of the 50's music, shes really funny when we play Deon "Wanderer", she likes to dance to it.
Both really like Whitney Houstons "I wanna dance with somebody" and they like Bob Seger too

Last edited: