• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judgement

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Becca
Hello, everyone!

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been here! I've been so distracted with medical issues, jobs and dissertation writing the time just flew by! But now I'm back to ask your opinion on something!

Up until a few days ago Faust (sun conure) continued to be a little angel. He was independent (well, for a conure!) and did pretty well in training. But lately he's turning back into a little velcro-bird. While I normally wouldn't care I am trying to finish my dissertation, so that I can graduate this May.

Up until this point I've been using his cage as a make-shift playstand. I live in a small apartment, so his cage is in the main room, five feet or so from where I usually am working. But I've been wondering if he might do better if I got him his very own playstand.

After much thought I've decided (and correct me if I'm wrong, please!) that his cage really shouldn't be acting as a playstand, especially as he's been getting more and more hormonal due to the beauty of birdy-puberty. His hormones have caused him to be doubly-possessive of his cage, and it's becoming quite a chore to walk over to him and coax him out if he's calling for me (honestly, I think he's doing it just because he thinks it's funny!)

Does anyone have any recommendations for good playstands? And does it seem beneficial to get him his own, vs. using his cage?

Eliza

Jogging around the block
I don't know what type of gym would be best for your sun. Pickle (a bit bigger than a lovebird) has 2 gyms. One is a small wood one that I got for < $10, the other is a powder-coated one by Blue Ribbon. I like having more than one because I can leave one in the living room and the other in the bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.