• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what should I feed my birds

animalover

Jogging around the block
what are the best food mixes for budgies cockatiels and conures.

I have my cockatiel on a mix of seeds + Harrisons, same for my budgies

my conure tho, its the Kaytee eggcite mix, we've read that its good?? is it?? and what should I do if he wont eat anything other than seeds, and a fruit pellet(Higgins intune)

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
Different species of birds have different diets. For example, budgies and cockatiels tend to have a high percentage of seed in their diet where as a conure is treated more like the bigger birds in that they do better with pellets and then seeds as treats.

I haven't heard of the kaytee egggcite mix and I don't know what's in it, but Harrisons' and seeds sounds good for the budgies and cockatiel, do they eat veggies regularly to?

animalover

Jogging around the block
Different species of birds have different diets. For example, budgies and cockatiels tend to have a high percentage of seed in their diet where as a conure is treated more like the bigger birds in that they do better with pellets and then seeds as treats.

I haven't heard of the kaytee egggcite mix and I don't know what's in it, but Harrisons' and seeds sounds good for the budgies and cockatiel, do they eat veggies regularly to?
yes my budgies are involve with their chop, my conjure not so much, barely eats it, and my cockatiel maybe eats a teaspoon?? I also give them some kale from day to day, they like eating it.

animalover

Jogging around the block
I feed harrisons and chop to my birds as well as seeds and they love it! I dont really know any good 'food mixes' but if ur conure doesnt like chop you should try and play around with some different recipes my birds love these Diet and Chop Recipes | Kiwi's New Life Bird Rescue and their are lots of options. Hope this is somewhat helpful!
oh thank you! it is! ive only been trying out one recipe so im not actually sure what they like.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe you could get some samples of pellets for your conure to try? See if he takes to one :)

For chop, I use what I have or buy what I can source and follow this guide to create dishes;

animalover

Jogging around the block
Maybe you could get some samples of pellets for your conure to try? See if he takes to one :)

For chop, I use what I have or buy what I can source and follow this guide to create dishes;
thanks for the recipe! ive given him 3 different types of pellets, and he favorited one, the most unhealthiest one, the fruit flavored pellets, these Shop HigginS Intune Natural Food Mix For Parrot Multicolour 1.36kg online in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and all UAE couldn't find the conure one but this looks the exact same.