• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What Parrot-Rearing Formula Do You Use?

Raptor40

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cody
Hello everyone

I am currently writing an article on my website (www.CodyLWrites.com) titled 'Assembling Your Cockatiel-Rearing Toolkit' and I'm currently listing different commercially available parrot-rearing formulas along with their nutritional contents, as I feel it may help people to make an educated decision and select a quality formula for their chicks. However, I'm only aware of Australian parro-rearing formulas, and I'd like to list some other commercially available formulas for UK and US readers. If anybody could list the formulas they know of or have previously used so I can do a bit of research, it would be fantastic!

Thank you!

Reactions: Ali

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street

Raptor40

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cody
Harrison's Bird Foods: Juvenile Hand-Feeding Formula (Handfeeding | Harrison's Bird Foods)
Psittacus: Crop Milk, Neonatal Hand Feeding, and Mini Hand Feeding
Higgins Premium: inTune Natural Hand Feeding Formula (inTune Hand Feeding — Higgins Premium Pet Foods)
Kaytee: Exact Hand Feeding for Baby Birds, Exact Hand Feeding for Baby Macaws (Hand Feeding)
Hari: Tropican Hand-Feeding Formula (Hand-Feeding Formula - Hari)
Hey! Thanks a ton! I’ll be looking those up now!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Maybe you could reference AA in this article, encouraging people to join to do the best for there birds!I

I can't help on the handfeeding. @Zara may have a few more to add

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I am a loyal Nutribird user. It´s highly recommended over in Spain and has been working great for us :)
Some other formulas are not available for me.

I put together a list of formulas and their preparation instructions (I just need to add roudybush and higgins, but I have been busy lately)
The link will take you to that specific post;