• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What objects are your parrots TERRIFIED of?

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
My bicycle and the black computer chair. They have to be covered up or she freaks out..but its OK my partner's scared of spiders..so I'm used to phobic beings.

Inheavenlygrass

Walking the driveway
My GCC Kiwi is pretty fearless but when I first took him home the sound of someone peeing made him scream like someone was trying to kill him. It was hilarious and really hard because he went through a velcro bird phase where he tried to live in my shirt and refused to let me go to the bathroom by myself. :lol:

illuminati

Walking the driveway
my bird is scared of green objects..she doesn't mind if I wear green tho...

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
The broom, big toys and the boing. That's the GCC. Bella? Afraid of nuttin' :coffeescreen:

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
My Pio mugs hates when I ware my reading glasses my Pippie hates my left hand and my feet hand because of the ring and have no idea why she hates my feet. Nippie hates and loves my perch stick. nothing really serios so I just dealt with it.
oh wait and they all hate the vacuum

Last edited:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Balloons

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
Fly swatters....my poor Yoshi, I thought he was going to have a heart attack. My son grabbed the fly swatter out of the bag and was swinging it around the kitchen. After a few seconds I realized each time my son would swing it (even from across the kitchen) Yoshi would duck in his cage. :eek:

Sierra_N_Fids

Sprinting down the street
Tape measure, i always have to explain that it's not going to hurt them if i happen to have it out. A couple of nights ago i had it out and Sierra was a little bit spooked, then she said Welllll, what are you doing? lol They also do not like hats or brooms.

ConureCrazy2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Yasmin
Balloons, they all hate them. Oliver HATES any loose piece of fabric (towel, blanket, a folded shirt, etc. not when I'm wearing it) that is solid black or mostly black. :huh: Bella and Zora fly away from the crinkly sound of paper, plastic bags, and tin foil, even if the sound is very tiny.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo: the broom, pool noodles

Koopa: anything that moves suddenly!

Gizmo: sticks, but NOT the broom :confused:

CrazyBirdLady

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jaime
My tiels are terrified when a phone rings in real life or on television. My phone stays on silent but if a phone rings on tv they all take off flying!

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
Funny you ask, most of mine are scared of large new items coming into the house. My little baby greys, 7 weeks old, are now in their baby cage and hubby started the vacuum and well, growls and screams, enough to scare anyone came from these three little babies. Hubby was upset because he couldn't continue his vacuuming, because of coarse I came to the babies rescue. Once it was off they settled down, we have to go gradual now that he freaked them. Poor babies!

Featherluv

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Stefanie
So far all we have discovered are balloons!

Buckbeak

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Bucky HATES the shopvac! It is too noisy for him to deal with. He screams as soon as he sees me pull it into the too
So he gets to observe from the living room instead.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Every bird I have ever owned has absolutely been terrified of plastic shopping bags. :rolleyes:
That's funny, 'cause that's one of Yoshi's favorite toys! :lol: He likes the crinkly sounds they make when he shakes them around and even likes to fling them around when I blow them up like a balloon.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Afie is TERRIFIED of those little plastic lego trees. :confused: She doesn't have a problem with any other legos. Just those. She's also terrified of the other birds cages, but not of the other birds. Oddly, she is not at all scared of the broom and if it's left leaning against the wall within her reach she will pick up the handle and bang it against the well an think it's great fun.

abcdevonn

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Devon
Churro is terrified of ONE specific lamp we have. She SCREAMS louder than I have ever heard if we touch it, bump it, or move it. She is also terrified of balloons, her flight suit :o:, AND every, single new toy or perch we buy. I have to entice her with food and feed her on it. Right now her brand new shower perch seems to look like the most terrifying monster in the world.

Zobe Wan

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Avery
Zoey is terrified of the bright yellow vacuum I have. She is not a fan of it AT ALL... :o: Kinda sad because she used to love the other vacuum and would play and have fun making a racket while I cleaned; now it is just a pain because it really freaks her out and I have to move her to another room. Anyway... ;)