• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What objects are your parrots TERRIFIED of?

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Our lories are scared of anything non food until they've had the chance to beak it. M-Star used to love the green bamboo shredders when she was young, but give her a purple one and she's shriek and flap like a maniac trying to get away! Now she isn't bothered what colour it is, but back then she would only play with green ones. LOL :)
They also have an aversion to flouro yellow but it's not consistent, sometimes they'll put up with it, other times they'll look at you as if you're a scary monster.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:D Lots of have changed since I started this thread. Mabel loves towels and does not mind at when I file her nails.

yvette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Yvette
Funny how our parrots change in a few years! lol
Ozzy is terrified of balloons!

Sarkash

Moving in
Real Name
Cathy
For our U2, Charlie, Harry Potter movies are love/hate. Boy-oh-boy does he FREAK OUT during film three if he sees the divination teacher Professor Trelawney. He is a re-homed bird so I imagine there's a reason stemming from his past. Look-alike? Could be he just dislikes frizzy hair and coke-bottle glasses. He screams "Get out of here! Get out!!! Outtttttt!" when he sees her, bobs his head up and down and gets royally agitated. No unsupervised Harry Potter for Charlie bird. Also vacuums, Mylar balloons and TV programs with snakes (Natl Geo, etc).

Celia58

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Twister is terrified of my red and white striped winter hat.I forget every year and accidentally walk into the livingroom with it on and she goes haywire. I really need to throw it away and get a different color.
Balloons are always terrifying too.I dont allow them in the livingroom around any of the birds.
The Sun conure always always throws a fit when he sees a buzzard outside.We live right on their nightly flight path to the woods so most every night he will pitch a fit if the curtains are open.

yvette

Real Name
Yvette
kiki is afraid of everything....as shes only been here a week! lol
My baby brown head isnt afraid of one thing! I have spent a lot of time socializing him!

bicmeister

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
towels! or being toweled.
he doesn't seem to mind towel robes though...

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
kiki is afraid of everything....as shes only been here a week! lol
My baby brown head isnt afraid of one thing! I have spent a lot of time socializing him!
Hopefully some of that fear is just newness. I think she will calm down. Hope so! :hug8:

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
My GCC is utterly terrified of balloons and balloon like objects like objects (such as an inflatable exercise ball). I think a large part of it is that they appear to move on their own, drifting on air currents, so of course there must be a hidden predator moving them.
She was never afraid of my hamster running in his hamster ball, even when he rammed into her stand, apparently because in that case she could see why the ball was moving.

Last edited:

Featherhead Lady

Nanday is scared of the broom and men or anything that my dog is barking at. My dog is so neurotico_O and will bark or paw at anything she doesnt like. My nanday loves to copy the dog. Also, he hates big plates, towels, paper towels, and napkins:lol:

if i am wearing any kind of glasses, my hahn's tries to take it off me :chin:

most of my fids are scared of big boxes or anything big and new.

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Oskar is terrified of tissues and paper towels, which is unfortunate, since that's what we use to clean up her poos. :rolleyes: I have yet to find anything that frightens Silas.

makibird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vicky
I had a rather dopey lutino cockatiel who, despite her bright orange cheeks, didn't like anything orange. She was especially terrified of the old foil wrappers that come on Caramel Wafer biscuits. Jake is petrified of water, and anything that may spray water.

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Apparently Pikachu doesn't like one of my tops and refused to come near me till I got changed. It wasn't anything special so it was a bit strange the way he reacted! LOL

mstomcat65

Real Name
Marti
i haven't had lacey long to figure out all her fears.... off the top of my head, broom, water from the faucet, and the maintenance guy when he uses the weed whacker. She used to be afraid of the vacuum, but i think it now just irritates her cuz it's a motor and it's loud. Also used to be afaid of the blow dryer but now jumps on my head when i'm trying to dry my hair :hehe:

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
The vacuum cleaner and towels and the noise a lorry makes if one drives past the house

rhia

Moving in
Clem hates anything that is yellow or turquoise, seemingly. She also hates PENS. Depending on the colour of the pen, she will either just toss it around - or she will become violent with it. If you are holding the pen, she will bite you hard - I feel like this is a warning of "GET AWAY FROM THE PEN, IT'S GOING TO HURT YOU" because once you let go, she'll come to you as if nothing happened, and ignore the pen - so it's not a sign of possession.

yvette

Real Name
Yvette
Ozzie doesnt like the broom. Jake doesnt like sunglasses! Im working on that. I have been wearing them when I am near his cage. Trying to get him comfortable with them.

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
Sam is terrified of the vacuum. He has also made sure that Joey knows to be scared of it as well.:rolleyes: Sam is also scared of long cylindrical objects, including perches.;) Skyler is scared of her own shadow.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didn't think Keene was afraid of anything, but apparently the grey dna has finally kicked in. A green perch is an evil thing :rolleyes: