• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What Kind of Mutation My Lovebird Is?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hi! A pic might be helpful... Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Lynnzay

Moving in
Real Name
Lynnzay
Hi! A pic might be helpful... Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Hi there ;) Thanks for the tips on how to upload the photos. I had 2 peachfaced lovebird, Lemon and Melon. I am not sure if there are any mutation in their gene or anything since they dont have the usual black beak when they were young like my whiteface turqoise lovebird, Riri.

Here are their pics when Lemon and Melon were 3 weeks :

LB1.jpg

And this is their current pics, almost 2 months now :

LB2.jpg

This is Riri, when she was 1 month and now she's almost 3 months LB3.jpg

I can see that Melon and Lemon's beak are slightly bigger than Riri and they dont have the black shade at all. And they have a thin eye ring to compare to Riri.

So, I would love to know more about their type as I am still super new in adopting lovebirds.

Hope anyone here can help me to identify their type correctly.

Thank you in advance!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Do you have some more pics of melon and lemon from the back?
They both looked pied on the baby pictures but I don't see it on melons grown photo.
Neither have "eye rings" , like for eg a Fischeri, but I know what you mean that it looks like a ring, my Pallid bird has that too whereas I don't see it in the turquoise birds. It is just the skin.

Lynnzay

Moving in
Real Name
Lynnzay
They both looked pied on the baby pictures but I don't see it on melons grown photo.
Neither have "eye rings" , like for eg a Fischeri, but I know what you mean that it looks like a ring, my Pallid bird has that too whereas I don't see it in the turquoise birds. It is just the skin.
Is this ok?
20210323_095420.jpg

Lynnzay

Moving in
Real Name
Lynnzay
I am waitingggggggggggg....Hehe