• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of music do your guys's birds like?

Haydenb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hayden Barr
My GCC LOVES it when I play the electric, acoustic or bass guitar for her and she'll start bobbing her head and saying "dance dance". She especially loves it when I play alternate rock/metal music like Alice In Chains, Tool & Korn but she enjoys all kinds of stuff including Taylor Swift. Are any y'all's birds into music and if so what's y'all's birds favorite songs?

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I listen to a lot of jazz, and they seem to enjoy it too. Sometimes when I leave for work I'll leave music on for them, mostly instrumental stuff and they love it and I even have a specific chill instrumental playlist that I put on for them right before I put them to bed sometimes and I think now they associate it with bedtime so it's a little bit of a ritual for them and they start getting ready to go back in their cages for the night and beak grinding. Although Waldo and Milo also really like anything upbeat and Waldo will start to sway a little bit and bob his head.

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Merlin's favorite has long been Tina Turner's Proud Mary, but he is also into Queen but he'll also sing along with Andrea Boceli if he gets the chance.
Nova doesn't seems to have any preferences, neither does Pichu but he would fly to me if I play the guitar (classical).

Rekillkos

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Toby Stephens
My finches all seem to love classical with a lot of piano, and my Java Rice Sparrow seems to really love opera, he'll hop over to the speaker and chirp a little. the Parakeets and lovebirds like light jazz, the doves like opera, and the pigeons and poultry seem to not like anythning. It's very interesting to watch, given that the music isn't too loud of course

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I have a classical station on all the time. Its soothing for me & that's all that counts. Have not listened to rock in total for way over 10 years.

Stress level was/is high today & don't need any agitating music.

I guess when you are young or have limitless tolerance for "noise & excitement" you can take head banging music.
I don't need any encouragement to bang my head against the wall.

Last edited:

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Queenie: loves the 80s rock. She’s a big MJ fan and boogies to Thriller all the time! Kansas and Journey get her going too! She also likes a few random Eminem and Snoop songs because she’s been tainted by teenage boy :roflmao: She’ll actually drop a grape in excitement if she happens to hear “Two trailer park girls go round the outside…:laugh:

Cupid: Phil Collins!! A couple Sting as well. His favorite might just be “Mandolin Rain” by Hornsby though. He’s very easy going when it comes to songs.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
My birds have never really listened to music, but they love singing along to the vacuum :D

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leia finds 80s pop/rock especially alluring. It means that we can't listen to a bit of Bonnie Tyler or Dolly Parton in the shower because Leia will start up loud, obnoxious Sexy Parrot Noises.

My wife calls Leia a wine mom and I don't think she's wrong. If anyone can make a Live, Laugh, Love sign or a Wine O'Clock sign out of balsa, let me know!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo likes to dance if i had to pick a tune that i thought was her favourite it would be i feel love by Donna Summer she go's crazy if we play it she likes to dance along to Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush but generally enjoys most music, i was listening to some early Jethro Tull albums in the week and she sang along every time Ian Anderson played his flute.
KiKi is not a dancer however when i first got her and she was in quarantine i spent time with her every day and used to play Nick Cave,Simon and Garfunkle,Bob Dylan she used to chirp along occasionally.
I have discovered if Mojo is being noisy if i play Vivaldis 9th caprice the noise stops straight away.

I havent ever subjected them to my Guitar playing i think it would be a bit on the loud side.

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
I’m ashamed and embarrassed to admit this is Flynn’s favourite song. We discovered it by accident when it came on the radio. He dances and gets so excited when he hears it. They also have a song about meat pies that he likes

I’ve tried classical music, he doesn’t care for it. Just bogan music.

Charlie seems to like most music.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m ashamed and embarrassed to admit this is Flynn’s favourite song. We discovered it by accident when it came on the radio. He dances and gets so excited when he hears it. They also have a song about meat pies that he likes

I’ve tried classical music, he doesn’t care for it. Just bogan music.

Charlie seems to like most music.
I've just tried playing Wales' equivalent of bogan music: Goldie Lookin Chain's magnum opus, "Your Missus Is A Nutter" (which I'm not linking here because there's a bit of swearing) and Leia is sexy honking away with her cloaca jammed up against her cage wire. So she and Flynn can revel in their bad taste together, I suppose?

I'm now trying out some Purcell and yep, no interest in the slightest.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Easy listening - BBC Radio Two. I used to avoid it but I'm of an age now to remember the tunes from my youth. :yahoo::dancing::chickendance:

*edit*
Oh, and the budgies love it too.

Last edited:

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Merlin's favorite has long been Tina Turner's Proud Mary, but he is also into Queen but he'll also sing along with Andrea Boceli if he gets the chance.
Nova doesn't seems to have any preferences, neither does Pichu but he would fly to me if I play the guitar (classical).
Would you post a video of Merlin singing along with Andrea Boceli?

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I have an old video of Bowie screaming with joy over some terrible EDM song. It's adorable.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am unsure if they have a favourite, but Pi loves it when I play one of my instruments. :)

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Phoenix really like pop songs like BTS, funny thing is I don’t even listen to that genre nor that band but he heard it from a tik tok audio and got super hyped, so I started playing more of that type of music for him and he loves it

Raijū is more of a classical or lofi kind of guy, he dislikes the music Phoenix listens to :roflmao: its so crazy how birds can have such different tastes