• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of conure is this?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Guess what...

Mango actually perched on my finger for 3 or 4 minutes last night while eating some seeds. I just stood very still. I am so proud of her!!

Only took 1.5 years!!!!!
I want to love this post many times Craig. I always look forward to a Mango update.
I see that @Sodapop&Co. is working the way through this long, long story. What a read, huh?

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I want to love this post many times Craig. I always look forward to a Mango update.
I see that @Sodapop&Co. is working the way through this long, long story. What a read, huh?
Yes! I'm on page 37. But I want no spoilers so I'm going right back straight away! :roflmao: Y'alls notifications must be spammed with my reactions... sorry (not) :D

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Oh. My. Goodness. I just finished. Read through every single page. My emotions: :loveshower: :faint: :laugh::cry3::sad7: but mainly :loveshower:You're probably tired of hearing this by now but you are just an amazing person for sticking with this poor bird through so many ups and downs. Mango came to you, scared to death, neglected, awfully depressed and unhappy. You gave her freedom over a huge cage and your condo, you gave her health, confidence, happiness (and of course wonderful Nutriberries!); you showed her what it felt like to be safe and happy and to have friends. Right now she has the freedom to leave and do her own thing if she doesn't want to interact with you, but she also has the confidence to come over to you for treats and companionship. And that is the greatest, most noble thing one can do for a bird - let them have that kind of freedom while still offering them more. She's beginning to understand that you are trustworthy and can be the source of great things, happy feelings, good food.

You're doing so good. Really. I can believe very well that it got awfully frustrating and even heart-breaking at times but you stuck with her and now look how much happier she is! She won the lottery the day you made the wonderful decision to take a chance on her. Thank you. Best wishes to you and your Mango from me and my flock.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh. My. Goodness. I just finished. Read through every single page. My emotions: :loveshower: :faint: :laugh::cry3::sad7: but mainly :loveshower:You're probably tired of hearing this by now but you are just an amazing person for sticking with this poor bird through so many ups and downs. Mango came to you, scared to death, neglected, awfully depressed and unhappy. You gave her freedom over a huge cage and your condo, you gave her health, confidence, happiness (and of course wonderful Nutriberries!); you showed her what it felt like to be safe and happy and to have friends. Right now she has the freedom to leave and do her own thing if she doesn't want to interact with you, but she also has the confidence to come over to you for treats and companionship. And that is the greatest, most noble thing one can do for a bird - let them have that kind of freedom while still offering them more. She's beginning to understand that you are trustworthy and can be the source of great things, happy feelings, good food.

You're doing so good. Really. I can believe very well that it got awfully frustrating and even heart-breaking at times but you stuck with her and now look how much happier she is! She won the lottery the day you made the wonderful decision to take a chance on her. Thank you. Best wishes to you and your Mango from me and my flock.
Yes! What Sarah said!
:heart:

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig

i am so amazed that you read through the entire thread!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

your post means the world to me. So encouraging! THANK YOU! That made my day.

mango is such a smart, sweet bird. That makes it so easy to want to give her a good life. Yes, VERY frustrating at times, but so rewarding.

Best wishes to you and your flock as well!!

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Excellent progress. Just think what might have become of Mango if you had left her in that dark lonely shop... So it must be worth all the effort.
i could not agree more!! The thought of her being in that dark, lonely pet store just kills me. So happy to have her living here. To me, she has become a very special little bird.

Thank you so much for the encouragement!!

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
i can’t believe @Sodapop&Co. read the ENTIRE thread!!!!!! It’s like a novel!!!
It really is like a novel! A wonderful inspirational novel full of plot twists and clever foreshadowing and exciting happenings. I also can't really believe I read, what, two years? worth of posts in two days but it was wonderful. And I picked up loads of helpful information to use with my flock so thanks to all who participated! :D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's excellent news! I knew she would do this sooner or later. :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Guess what...

Mango actually perched on my finger for 3 or 4 minutes last night while eating some seeds. I just stood very still. I am so proud of her!!

Only took 1.5 years!!!!!
I'm glad for your thread Craig... to show others just how long it can take to create a bond with a bird and to show how persistence and patience is key. Good for you!!!!!!

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Hi everyone! Mango here!!!

I just thought that I would stop by and say hello to all of my friends in the AA forum.

I hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe during this crazy time we are in.

I am doing well!! Now that my human is working from home, we have a lot of time to bond. I continue to get more comfortable with my human and I stay very close to him all day, usually sitting on his computer monitor as he works, or on the ceiling fan over his bed. He likes to give me occasional treats while we sit together which I really like, though it makes for a very messy desk by quitting time. I am getting more comfortable stepping up onto his hand for a sunflower seed, though I still find the human hand to be one of the most repugnant appendages in the animal world. Lately, I have also been stepping up onto his shoulder for a treat! I think I like this better than a hand.

My human leaves the door of my cage open most of the time, and I go in and out as I please. I like to go to bed each night around 8:30, and wake up each morning anywhere from 8:30 to 10:00, depending upon my mood.

I like to express myself. Sometimes with loud screeches and yells around lunch time. My human is worried that the neighbors might not like this, but so far we have not had any complaints. I am a celebirdy with my human's work team because they can hear me yelling during his Microsoft Teams meetings during the day. This can sometimes lead to him telling me to shut up in the rudest of tones, which only inspires me to get louder.

This is me enjoying a tasty cashew after my bath recently.

20200322_184303072_iOS.png

This is a shot of me taking my afternoon beauty rest on my human's computer monitor while he works. I like staying close to him.

20200326_194827954_iOS.png

This is me begging my human for another sunflower seed while he works. I would do just about anything for a sunflower seed!!!

20200327_174932778_iOS.png

I am very happy to have a comfortable home here with my human. We don't always see eye-to-eye on everything, but we are buddies. And now that spring has sprung, I sometimes think I would like to take our relationship to the next level, but my human seems to be very resistant to that. Oh well.

Please say hello to all of my cousins in your flocks, and give them a sunflower seed for me! Tell them it's a little treat from Mango!

And stay safe!!!!!!
Mango

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome update.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Hi everyone! Mango here!!!

I just thought that I would stop by and say hello to all of my friends in the AA forum.

I hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe during this crazy time we are in.

I am doing well!! Now that my human is working from home, we have a lot of time to bond. I continue to get more comfortable with my human and I stay very close to him all day, usually sitting on his computer monitor as he works, or on the ceiling fan over his bed. He likes to give me occasional treats while we sit together which I really like, though it makes for a very messy desk by quitting time. I am getting more comfortable stepping up onto his hand for a sunflower seed, though I still find the human hand to be one of the most repugnant appendages in the animal world. Lately, I have also been stepping up onto his shoulder for a treat! I think I like this better than a hand.

My human leaves the door of my cage open most of the time, and I go in and out as I please. I like to go to bed each night around 8:30, and wake up each morning anywhere from 8:30 to 10:00, depending upon my mood.

I like to express myself. Sometimes with loud screeches and yells around lunch time. My human is worried that the neighbors might not like this, but so far we have not had any complaints. I am a celebirdy with my human's work team because they can hear me yelling during his Microsoft Teams meetings during the day. This can sometimes lead to him telling me to shut up in the rudest of tones, which only inspires me to get louder.

This is me enjoying a tasty cashew after my bath recently.

View attachment 334090

This is a shot of me taking my afternoon beauty rest on my human's computer monitor while he works. I like staying close to him.

View attachment 334091

This is me begging my human for another sunflower seed while he works. I would do just about anything for a sunflower seed!!!

View attachment 334092

I am very happy to have a comfortable home here with my human. We don't always see eye-to-eye on everything, but we are buddies. And now that spring has sprung, I sometimes think I would like to take our relationship to the next level, but my human seems to be very resistant to that. Oh well.

Please say hello to all of my cousins in your flocks, and give them a sunflower seed for me! Tell them it's a little treat from Mango!

And stay safe!!!!!!
Mango
Such a delightful update... I had some great chuckles and it feels so good to my heart to hear Mango is managing to train you so well!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We always love to hear from Mango!:heart:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is such a lovely update to read! Mango seems like quite the little desk buddy :) I'm glad that you are such a trainable human!

It just shows that "bird time" should be measured in years. It may have taken two years to get to this point, but you both sound so much happier.