• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of conure is this?

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Warning cry that there's something going on. In this case, Jake came out on his own unsupervised and was walking around on top of his cage. If I had been upstairs and he was out there generally wouldn't have been any screaming. One or both 'toos do that sometimes when things are "off" (at least in their minds).
So.....the 'toos are big-time tattle-tales?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So.....the 'toos are big-time tattle-tales?
They are only doing their jobs as members of the APA...Avian Police Association. :D
bird police.jpg

lol, Jake's out, Jake's out, Mama, Jake's out!!!!
Would be nice if they would actually tell me what is wrong although Cody does let me know if it's past her bedtime and I haven't turned off the lights yet. "Go to bed, scream, go to sleep, scream, time to go to sleep, scream, scream, scream, goodnight, scream."

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi does a few contact calls that can mean "Please tilt the blinds, the sun is glaring in my eyes" or "I am in sleep position with my bell just so, please turn off the light" or perhaps "Mama, I heard you open your closet door." :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi does a few contact calls that can mean "Please tilt the blinds, the sun is glaring in my eyes" or "I am in sleep position with my bell just so, please turn off the light" or perhaps "Mama, I heard you open your closet door." :)
Good for Gigi. She knows what she wants and she is letting you know but then you have to figure out exactly what she means.

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Hey everyone!

Mango has been very chill since about Saturday afternoon! She has been hanging out with me without the hard-core mating/aggressive behavior. It's been wonderful!!!! I don't understand why it comes and goes so quickly.

And right now I am REALLY excited because I just watched her go to her dish, and grab large chunks of fruits and vegetables from Unapproved Vendor's Dailies and eat them in their entirety right in front of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw hit the floor. This is amazing!!! Normally, she won't touch anything. But she actually ate some Tropical Sunrise from Unapproved Vendor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy. I have been trying so hard to get her to eat good food. Finally, I didn't waste money on something she would not touch. Thanks to @iamwhoiam for recommending Unapproved Vendor's. Can't thank you enough. Time to order some more.

I just had to tell my friends here on AA.
Mango's feathers are starting to shine more already! :dance4:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
WooHoo! It's so exciting when they try new food! Good girl Mango!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's excellent news. Great that she (or he) has calmed down and is enjoying the WD Tropical Sunrise. Thanks to @saroj12 for posting a lot about Unapproved Vendor's and the person who directed her to Unapproved Vendor's. Wouldn't have known about Unapproved Vendor's without them.
She might like the Sunsational Chop.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Hey everyone!

Mango has been very chill since about Saturday afternoon! She has been hanging out with me without the hard-core mating/aggressive behavior. It's been wonderful!!!! I don't understand why it comes and goes so quickly.

And right now I am REALLY excited because I just watched her go to her dish, and grab large chunks of fruits and vegetables from Unapproved Vendor's Dailies and eat them in their entirety right in front of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw hit the floor. This is amazing!!! Normally, she won't touch anything. But she actually ate some Tropical Sunrise from Unapproved Vendor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy. I have been trying so hard to get her to eat good food. Finally, I didn't waste money on something she would not touch. Thanks to @iamwhoiam for recommending Unapproved Vendor's. Can't thank you enough. Time to order some more.

This week is a 25% off sale... no coupon needed, no limits no exclusions! :ygg: Mango!!

Wayley's Dailies

Hit the Road
Real Name
Marsha
Hey everyone!

This makes me so happy. I am so glad Mango is eating yums :)

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
That's excellent news. Great that she (or he) has calmed down and is enjoying the WD Tropical Sunrise. Thanks to @saroj12 for posting a lot about Unapproved Vendor's and the person who directed her to Unapproved Vendor's. Wouldn't have known about Unapproved Vendor's without them.
She might like the Sunsational Chop.
I will order some!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I will order some!
Hope she likes that. It contains orange slices and banana chips. I haven't tried all of the chops I've ordered yet just Big Eats for Little Beaks (the wintergreen one smells so wonderful), Sunsational Chop and Crop Chop. I'm going to give the birds the Karate Chop next.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
She just ate another big piece of fruit!!! I think I am getting light-headed...
You are so funny! I'm delighted she's eating the Unapproved Vendor's..... yesssss....Craig...... come over to the other side....... You should take a peek at Danita's store "Avian Organics"... advertised down below ( at least on my page). I've just never looked there and my curiosity got me when I was reading other member posts about AO ( Avian Organics). I must say... I saw quite a few things I'd like to order. I've placed two orders with Unapproved Vendor's that I'm waiting on so will see how my crew does with those items ( better bites and other goodies). I'm gonna need more cups.... oye!

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Banana (the little yellow budgie who lives in a condo downstairs) has been keeping Mango and I company all week while her overlords are on vacation in Florida.

Today, I decided to move both of their cages very close together along the windows just to see what they would do.

It was sooooo cool! They both slowly started looking at each other and then inching their way toward each other. Slowly.....slowly.....until....

Buddies.png

They hung out peacefully like this, seemingly enjoying each others' company. It was great to see. Banana started making some really beautiful budgie songs and sending lots of head-bobs in Mango's general direction. Mango just moved as close as she could toward Banana and looked very curious and interested.

After a while, there were a few episodes where Banana would start yelling, then Mango would yell back and then start calling to me to save her. But most of the time, they just sat together.

So Nice!!!!!!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So cute! You do have space for another bird. :D
@Mockinbirdiva That's a birdy bed from TC Feathers Aviary Birdy Beds | Birdy-Beds | TC Feathers Aviary
I like these beds but the last one I got had a strong odor that I could not get rid of. I did get a refund.
Jaden loved his birdy beds but he was very good at destroying them. :(