• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What kind of conure is this?

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
So much to look at on Pinterest! Here's one thing you can attach to the inside of a bare book case... lots of things for her to do
Lots to chew and shred on this homemade basket toy.

Baskets for Easter and Beyond
Another option is that I could give her one shelf on the existing bookcase, and add some toys as you suggest. You have me thinking...

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I was wondering if anyone might have some insight into a few of Mango's behaviors...

She likes to sit on my shoulder and climbs up there quite often now. However, when she is sitting there, she loves to grab individual pieces of my hair and rip them out!!! Any idea why she would do this? Has anyone else seen this type of behavior? I assume it must have something to do with how birds preen each other?? She also likes to bite the back of my neck. It isn't a mean kind of biting, but it can be painful. I am not sure what she is thinking, but she just gives me these small nips over and over. Not sure how to train her not to do this.

I also notice that whenever she gets really excited, she does this move where she jerks her head from side to side in a very abrupt way. I am not sure how to interpret that!!

She has also developed a really cute behavior about going to bed. When she is ready to go to bed, she flies onto her cage, sits on the corner, and makes some soft chirps. She does this to alert me that she wants to go to bed but needs her goodnight treat first. I have to get a sunflower seed for her. I get real close to her and talk softly, then she climbs onto my finger and takes the seed, and makes lots of soft chirps and clicks while she is eating it, then climbs into her cage for the night. I just leave to door open. After a while, if I don't respond to her chirping and give her the seed, she will come and find me, and won't go to bed until we do this. But once she has that seed, she goes right to sleep!!

Does anyone have any similar stories? I would love to hear them.