• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent What just happened??

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Raiju suddenly started tail bobbing like crazy, his head pointed upward and he looked really uncomfortable... Suddenly a seed fell out of his mouth, and he flicked it off.
He was panting for a bit but now it's stopped, he's playing with a toy now and seemingly fine (but that might be because I was watching him)

Should I bring him to the vet in the morning? They're closed right now so he has to wait :(

Should I separate him and Phoenix? If Raiju is sick I feel like Phoenix would have gotten it by now, anyway, so I assume it's not necessary to separate them.
Should I bring them both in?

It's possible Raiju gorged himself, he and Phoenix had a bit of a dispute over Phoenix's bowl and Raiju kept going back and eating more (almost as if it were a taunt). I've just never seen tail bobbing/painting go with the vomiting from eating too much

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I don't want to jinx it but he's definitely feeling fine now, he's back to running around chasing Phoenix and talking/playing like crazy

Is the tail bobbing/panting a part of over-eating sometimes? (His tail was bobbing about an inch, maybe more) He's not doing it anymore

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Best to observe and see if it was just a passing moment before panicking for nothing.

Burt chokes now and then when he drinks too fast or whatever the reason may be - it doesn’t require a vet if it’s just a once off stuff up which they’re bound to have as they’re little busy bodies.

Watch and assess before panicking and racing off to the vet. Same with poop issues- one iffy poop doesn’t require a emergency vet trip- we need to properly assess that there is an actual issue first.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Best to observe and see if it was just a passing moment before panicking for nothing.

Burt chokes now and then when he drinks too fast or whatever the reason may be - it doesn’t require a vet if it’s just a once off stuff up which they’re bound to have as they’re little busy bodies.

Watch and assess before panicking and racing off to the vet. Same with poop issues- one iffy poop doesn’t require a emergency vet trip- we need to properly assess that there is an actual issue first.
Thank you... seeing them vomit/tail bob/pant is terrifying to me lol

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Keep an eye on his behaviour and if it’s more than a once off or there’s numerous concerns then of course see the vet. Just like we have the odd chunky burp, drink that went down the wrong way etc- birds also have these sorts of mishaps from time to time.