• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is your Cockatoos favorite healthy food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Just wondering what everyone's 'Toos favorite healthy (as in fruit and veggies) are :)

M2, Beeba:
LETTUCE, CARROTS (she really likes any type of vegetable!)

U2's

Bokka:
Hot sweet potato, squash or freshly cut Red Bell Pepper or PEAS, Banana, Apple

Louie:
SUGAR SNAP PEAS! Corn and peas and green beans

Opa:
Hot Sweet potato and Hot squash

Reo:
PAPAYA! Fresh or dehydrated!

Moby:
Hot Sweet potato, peas, corn, green beans and sugar snap peas

Marie-France

Walking the driveway
Real Name
France Bégin
Zazoo is a finicky eater. His favorite food is french fries and pop corn...:mad: But he really likes sproutings :D

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Remie loves veggies & fruits! His favorites are peas, corn, strawberries, apples, and sprouts. I love the way he eats... He holds his food and nibbles, he is a very gentle eater, when he is done with it he throws it. :rolleyes:

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Piper only likes "junk food":o:

She does eat baked potato
sometimes.:o:

Oh no, wait, she does like her daddy's birdie bread. So she gets lots of veggies from that!;)

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
Right now my birdie bread is a big hit and it is full of good stuff.

farmgirl63

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Anne S Phillips
Rocco is a mashed potato, ground beef, lima bean man and is learning to like other veggies. Fresh whole wheat bread w/dab of peanut butter is also on his favs list.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Hummm

Peppers ~ green in particular.

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
Mine won't eat anything healthy. I have been trying everything the last few weeks and it is all being left.:mad:

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
Lucy likes banana, eggs(scrambled), and peanut butter with the occasional piece of apple

ellimaye

Real Name
Ellie
Joey likes Broccoli, carrots, corn, apples (the redder the better) I baked birdie corn bread, but she doesn't like it and won't even try it. I would love for her to try sweet potatoes. How do all of you serve that? Cooked, raw, sliced or what?:)

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Bella (M2) loves carrots & celery. Carly (SC2) loves corn & 12 grain bread.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Yea still workin on that one!! Well they do eat pellets so that would be it I guess.

AngelGoffin

Angel loves her fruit - honey dew, grapes and banana being her favorites, although she eats apples, pears, etc. When it comes to veggies, carrots, peas, snap peas, green beans, pinto beans, yams, broccoli, corn, corn, corn - she loves corn, and potatoes (just boiled so they're soft). Her favorite food is peanut butter - she loves peanut butter and she also loves pasta. Everything she eats is organic without a doubt. She's just a little bit spoiled. But she had a diet of seed for the first 20+ years of her life. I can't get her to eat pellets, but she does really well with the above mentioned items and a few other things... scrambled eggs, bread, dry noodles... she's coming along great in the food department.

tyger9791

Meeting neighbors
dominic loves papayas and apples. he makes a point of digging for those first in his food bowl.
his favorite junk food is pizza.....his previous owners fed him pepperoni pizza, everytime we bring it into the house he starts screaming for some. we only give him a taste of the crust and a slice of pepperoni.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
Topper likes peas, corn and other similar vegies, she won't usually eat carrots or any other food that is orange. :)

Elima will eat anything especially if she sees me eating it. :) She's eaten scrambled eggs, rice, peas, corn, carrots, pasta and probably a bunch of other things off my plate when I wasn't looking. :)

They both also get their regular pellets.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
For Healthy foods..my U2 (Barney loves Oatmeal,sweet potatoes(musshy)and birdy bread My Lesser Too(Sunshine loves Apples and sweet potatoes) Rosey Echo HATES healty food always throws it out BUT we keep trying (6yrs now)The surrenders..Chester(LOVES ANYTHING he is so fun to feed)Daisy(Lesser)...apples banana papaya..BUT it would be a WHOLE nother Thread on the unhealthy foods the lil stinkers

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
Zoey likes most anything- probably the favorite "healthy" things are sugar snap peas and peppers
Sadie will only eat grapes!
Micah likes raspberries- though he is branching out into trying other things.

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Try your sweet potato every way, Dusty my BE2 likes it, baked, boiled but not raw, she also likes it with carrot or potato mashed. You might make it a bit more interesting by adding a pinch of peanut paste/butter. Dusty loves, corn on the cob, peas in their pod, porrige (mine usually), toast, swedes, and beetroot but will eat pretty much everything. I'm lucky she's easy to feed, but I started early as soon as she came to me as a baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.