• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is wrong with people? More animals.

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

We had 3 Guinea pigs surrendered today. The woman has been talking to me for a month about surrendering them, they were living inside of a snakes enclosure for the next meal! They were moved to totes and the baby I immediately thought had a resp. infection. NOPE! He was so dehydrated that he had a dry wheeze. After drinking 1/2 water bottle full of water and eating some carrots he sounds much better and the wheeze disapeared! I do ot know how I keep from bashing people over the head..but sometimes I do manage to contain myself. Yikes!

Momma is prego again! So we will be having babies shortly.

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Poor things!!! They are so cute!! I never see them colored like that here....

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
We had 3 Guinea pigs surrendered today. The woman has been talking to me for a month about surrendering them, they were living inside of a snakes enclosure for the next meal! They were moved to totes and the baby I immediately thought had a resp. infection. NOPE! He was so dehydrated that he had a dry wheeze. After drinking 1/2 water bottle full of water and eating some carrots he sounds much better and the wheeze disapeared! I do ot know how I keep from bashing people over the head..but sometimes I do manage to contain myself. Yikes!

Momma is prego again! So we will be having babies shortly.
I also do rescue (although I am taking a break) and I totally understand. It is so easy to burnout when you see how disposable animals can be to some. You are doing a good thing:) Try to let the good you are doing wash out having to expose yourself to the people that rescue forces you to deal with.

Vicki

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Poor things!!! They are so cute!! I never see them colored like that here....

They are white crested's . Very skittish but will get healthy here and hopefully find homes.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am glad they were rescued thanks for sharing

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
:hug8:To you....

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. Poor little things.:( They are really cute.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
They are beautiful. I had piggies when I was going up. They are great.

You are a saint to save them. Some people are so stupid .

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
you are an angel

I simply have no words to describe the apathy and selfcenteredness of some

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I agree with you GG! they are so cute, and I am glad you took them in!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Not an angel or a saint. We take in Birds and Exotics in need. This is my hobby, helping animals. I would say it is a job, but you make money working, not saving animals. haahahah
Thank you everyone. Momma should be delivering pretty soon. Probably within the next month. Yay me. Ugh!:(

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Think you are one special kind of person to be doing that day in day out and helping our dumb animals as you do. :hug8:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Think you are one special kind of person to be doing that day in day out and helping our dumb animals as you do. :hug8:
No way animals are dumb..it is PEOPLE who are. ahahahaha

On the way to pick them up I saw a guy with a sign asking for food, HUNGRY it said..I bought him lunch, and gave him a bag of change. I helped people too today..yay for my brownie points. LOL

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8:bless your heart dear

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
What cute little piggies, thanks for rescuing them!

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
:omg: You must have a lot of patience to be so polite to people like that. Not crazy about guinea pigs and hamsters but those are pretty cute! :dance4:

drop

Thank goodness they are out of there, must have been quite a stressful situation for all animals involved, including the snake. They may be the predator, but I don't think they should forced to live in such close proximity to an animal that they do not intend to eat within a reasonable amount of time for their sake just as much as the rodent's. I don't know how Guinea Pigs are, but they could have done damage to the snake too. I knew an idiot who left a Gerbil in his snake's tank and holy cow, talk about a rodent's revenge. So I guess they all win, until the dumbies decide to let some other poor rodent live in the snake's tank for a month :( Glad to know that the piggies are safe and sound, just had to take some pity on the snake too.

Last edited:
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Thank goodness they are out of there, must have been quite a stressful situation for all animals involved, including the snake. They may be the predator, but I don't think they should forced to live in such close proximity to an animal that they do not intend to eat within a reasonable amount of time for their sake just as much as the rodent's. I don't know how Guinea Pigs are, but they could have done damage to the snake too. I knew an idiot who left a Gerbil in his snake's tank and holy cow, talk about a rodent's revenge. So I guess they all win, until the dumbies decide to let some other poor rodent live in the snake's tank for a month :( Glad to know that the piggies are safe and sound, just had to take some pity on the snake too.

Yes this is very stressful on the snake as well. People think they can house these rodents with theyre snakes like in the wild. They do not account for space, hides, enviroment, etc. It is crazy. The snakes could be very badly wounded. I have seen that many times...actually you do not wanna know what I have seen. It will make you sick!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
The one with the white "mohawk" is too darn cute!!!! :dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.