• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is this???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
What is this???(VIDEO)

She does this to us, it's some sort of "Dance"

Here is a video to it, let me know if it works cause I just uploaded it.
It's more slight in this video.
It's about 5 seconds in that she does the best "dance"
Tundra

Last edited:

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I have such a hard time trying to put the video directly onto the thread !!!

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Is it really a sign of being happy?
She has been here only for about 2 days.
She is very sweet, It looks like she might want to fight me though with that posture lol
but she doesn't bite or anything when she does it, she just slowly leans up and back then forward again. It's strange.

She is 4 months old.

I'm no good at parrot body language:o:

ThatDarnBird

Rollerblading along the road
That looks to me like an alarmed posture, like she's trying to look big and bad for a scary thing. How did her wings get cut so short?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that's what I thought Renee, she looks like she is posturing for the 'scary' camera to make herself look big and bad

she looks comfortable with you though, allowing you to touch her wings, give scritches and checking out your finger

you have not had her very long, she is still getting used to her new world

Ashley

Real Name
Ashley
she is a cutie....I want a blue quaker

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Males do that. They will size you up and do a weird "sizing up" when courting their females.

Tiki our male quaker now does that to his new "women" a female quaker, Kiwi (both tame.. when away from their cages:rolleyes:) Before when Tiki wanted a human as a mate, he'd do that to his favorite persons.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
My friend has a 15 year old quaker, Coco Bean. He does this posture a lot when he wants 1 on 1 time. Like yours did, he will also fluff his feathers, like an invitation for a pet. He dances, a lot! If you clap your hands he will tap his feet. They seem to be very animated, as he is making silly postures all the time. Just make sure to pay attention to her grumpy posture:D
She is so cute! Coco is green, but I think I really like the blue. She is adorable, and looks like she really likes you!

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
The breeder said that her daughter did that to her wings. One wing is cut straight across the top of the of feathers too.
All the flight feathers are cut as well, every one.:(

She still hovers pretty well so she was obviously taught to fly. She doesn't fall like a rock.

She does that posture to us when we come up to her, but she's always very friendly. She allows me to handle her all over. Usually I stick my head near her, and do the clicky *comere* thing and she comes up and puts her head on my mouth for a kiss.
Right after she does the posture... so I'm getting mixed signals lol

She hasn't been DNAd but the breeder said SHES A GIRL.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

All the flight feathers are cut as well, every one.:(

Send some links to the breeder showing that that clip is a very improper clip and will make a insecure bird (a bird who isnt allowed to fledge and have most of its flight feathers will be a bird that depends on people to take it places.. Kiwi our quaker is like that and only flies VERY rarely, even when fully flighted ):

She hasn't been DNAd but the breeder said SHES A GIRL.
I can say that I havent been around too many female quakers, but I have been around male. I know our female doesnt do this, but all the males Ive been around does this. How does the breeder know its a female?

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Males do that. They will size you up and do a weird "sizing up" when courting their females.
I agree, Chiquita does that as well. I think it's a male thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.