• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is this bug?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Yeah I can see it is a beetle of some description but I am wanting to know what kind of beetle.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I think I finally found it.... I believe it could be a Repsimus Beetle. I just found a decent beetle list for my area- I have been looking all morning and as soon as I post here I find a good fit.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If my late husband were alive, I would ask him. He would have either known or been able to look it up quickly! Nice bug as bugs go!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
possibly a dung beetle? Gosh.... there are so many varieties! If you see one rolling a giant turd around you'll know for sure!
How do dung beetles help improve your farm biology? - FENCiT

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Hubbie states that is for sure not a cockroach.
Some kind of beetle.
I can guarantee you it is not a roach or even similar to one lol. It would have been squashed without hesitation if it was a roach and I would now be moving the birds outside so I could spray my home with dreaded poisons... there really are not too many creatures I react (crazy) badly to but roaches are one critter that would see me take things to the mega extreme! Roaches are not welcome in or near my home and if I was to find one inside my house I would honestly be going mad right now moving cages and raging with disgust, I would not have even opened AA if I had of found a roach in my home cos I would be way too busy moving birds, spraying poisons and trying not to get taken away by the men in white coats! I have a real dislike of roaches and two other particular insects and they honestly bring out the crazy and un-rational behavior in me- not a sight those who have witnessed it will ever forget lol.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
possibly a dung beetle? Gosh.... there are so many varieties! If you see one rolling a giant turd around you'll know for sure!
How do dung beetles help improve your farm biology? - FENCiT
:laugh: Hmmm I wonder how it would feel if I gave it a dog turd?? lol
I am pretty sure the bug I mentioned earlier is the one I have although the dung beetle is a close match!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those are pictures of two different beetles you've encountered? If you look up Carrion Beetles, see if they match what you are seeing.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Those are pictures of two different beetles you've encountered? If you look up Carrion Beetles, see if they match what you are seeing.
The pictures I posted are of one beetle. Picture of back and belly.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:laugh: Hmmm I wonder how it would feel if I gave it a dog turd?? lol
I am pretty sure the bug I mentioned earlier is the one I have although the dung beetle is a close match!
I actually thought dung beetles were more likely found in Africa or more arid temperatures until I googled Dung Beetles in Australia! Seems there may be a few species there.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thank you!! Pie Dish beetle matches him the closest of all the beetles I have looked at!!

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I actually thought dung beetles were more likely found in Africa or more arid temperatures until I googled Dung Beetles in Australia! Seems there may be a few species there.
The farmers who raise cows love dung beetles :) I am not sure if we have any in our area to be honest but looking at a picture of a Pie Dish beetle I am now confident that he is a Pie Dish beetle!!

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
I've only every seen some random tiny beetles in person but hope I would never lay eyes on these gigantic ones..

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The farmers who raise cows love dung beetles :) I am not sure if we have any in our area to be honest but looking at a picture of a Pie Dish beetle I am now confident that he is a Pie Dish beetle!!
I'd have a giant hissy fit if I saw one of those in my pie!!!!!

Kile

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kile
I suggest downloading the app “Picture Insect”! They have one for plants, fish, birds, animals, etc too! :) I use the insect and plant apps frequently, it identifies what you take a photo of.

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I can guarantee you it is not a roach or even similar to one lol. It would have been squashed without hesitation if it was a roach and I would now be moving the birds outside so I could spray my home with dreaded poisons... there really are not too many creatures I react (crazy) badly to but roaches are one critter that would see me take things to the mega extreme! Roaches are not welcome in or near my home and if I was to find one inside my house I would honestly be going mad right now moving cages and raging with disgust, I would not have even opened AA if I had of found a roach in my home cos I would be way too busy moving birds, spraying poisons and trying not to get taken away by the men in white coats! I have a real dislike of roaches and two other particular insects and they honestly bring out the crazy and un-rational behavior in me- not a sight those who have witnessed it will ever forget lol.
You should see me when there's a red-back, can't even bring myself to kill them. :scared5: