• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video What is this behavior?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Kiwi has new doing this a lot around Blizzard lately, I assume it's a hormonal behavior, but I wanted to know what everyone on here thinks.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It's exactly what it looks like - he's flirting. :heart:
He must be a VERY flirty bird then :lol:

I don't think Blizzard cares much for his flirting lol, she never seems too interested in his "flirt flaps"

Edit: I'm going to rename the video "flirt flaps"
Edit 2: the video has been renamed :roflmao:

Last edited:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I'm sure glad to know that this indicates flirting - I have never seen Fergus do this, so I might have thought he was too warm or something! However, seeing the other gestures that Kiwi is making toward Blizzard, I think that says it all - LOL, yep, flirting! Thanks all!

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm sure glad to know that this indicates flirting - I have never seen Fergus do this, so I might have thought he was too warm or something! However, seeing the other gestures that Kiwi is making toward Blizzard, I think that says it all - LOL, yep, flirting! Thanks all!
When Kiwi is hot, (our a.c. was broken, it's fixed now) he holds out his wings like this, and keeps them there more consistently than his flirting.

20200620_135540.jpg

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
When Kiwi is hot, (our a.c. was broken, it's fixed now) he holds out his wings like this, and keeps them there more consistently than his flirting.
SO cute! Yes, I've seen this too, and I tend to pray over my A.C. constantly - Texas ya' know!
;)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Bird wings can be used for other things besides flying. Is he paying any attention to him?

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Bird wings can be used for other things besides flying. Is he paying any attention to him?
They will headbob to each other, and feed each other. Blizzard also copies the words Kiwi says as similarly pitched tweets :xflove:

They also preen each other sometimes.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Could Blizzard learn to talk from Kiwi? Is it something both males and females can do? I sound a bit stupid!