• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is the most valuable thing your bird has destroyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
My laptop A key.....:p

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
3 laptops so far!!:eek:

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
guess i have been lucky my tiel is the only one that has destroyed anything lol. she chewed on the mouse cord twice lol. that was back in her first year. now i watch them all like a hawk when they are out lol

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
Ozzy broke one of my shift keys..but I have another so that's not so bad..LOL

Then there's the woodwork around the window and my miniblinds.....

MorningGloria

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Celeste
Oh gosh the keyboard!!!

I literally have everyone at my local Apple Store on a first name basis with me and Archy due to all the keys he's gotten a hold of. Luckily the powerbook was built in a way that keys can be easily removed and replaced so they would happily hand over a few extras and it was pretty easy to press them back in. When the powerbook became obsolete they started just giving me handfuls for him to play with. Now I mostly use an iMac and their wireless keyboard which is essentially bird proof and he seems to be content hanging out on top of the monitor and looking down to see the screen.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I see a trend here :hehe: Tango completley ruined the power cord for my laptop and I had to order a new one. good thing it wasn't plugged in at the time :eek: They have also managed to destroy my 0 key and my tab key. Plus a lamp shade. Tango knows he is not supposed to go on the lamp shades and used to head there as soon as I would leave the room but look all innocent sitting there when I came back :innocent:. He got over that obsession now thankfully

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
My last parrot, an Alexandrine, destroyed a wall... :)

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
My birds really haven't destroyed anything - Gumby nibbled the corners off the cable box remote but its still readable and use able

The TOO's i fostered on the other hand Lets see

Ate a huge hole in my daughters mattress, ate window frames, door frames, a bit hole in a shirt she was wearing at the time (She was asleep and they escaped ) a $90 pair of rubber back curtains - The good kind from back in the 80's when things were made to do what they said - they were bought and never used I took them out of the original package to hang them up! chewed off a good part of a end table

the one has destroyed a lot more at his new house - over $4,000.00 in furniture, Cell phones, home phones, walls. Pretty much anything he gets his beak on - but the owners Don't mind

I how ever did ! I'm not made of money like they thought I was lol but what made me the maddest is my daughters shirt it was the last T-shirt she got from her Dance class she was in from her very last recital before we moved out of Ohio. and it can NOT be replaced

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
My lesser sulphur crested cockatoo (rehomed him in 2005) destroyed a windowsill, a stack of books, and a pair of blue jeans all in the same day. I can't complain, when I was working at a pet store a woman who came in all the time with her blue front amazon came in one day with her new Volkswagon Beetle's keyless door entry with part of the buttons chewed off. :o: It was a good $100+ replacement.

trout

Real Name
Bobby
keyboards are cheap, bird toys are expensive. Maybe I should pick up a bunch of $8 keyboards from BestBuy, It'll save me money. :rofl:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
keyboards are cheap, bird toys are expensive. Maybe I should pick up a bunch of $8 keyboards from BestBuy, It'll save me money. :rofl:
No if they are bought for them to destroy then they will leave them alone :hehe:

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Yeah I would have to say Kona took of a key on the laptop, it was the right arrow key.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Dakota has eaten through 3 ipod cables and Pebbles has chewed all the cushiony circles off the laptops :D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Status
Not open for further replies.