• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is the funniest thing your bird does or has done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
When ever I have fallen asleep with Lucy out she with out fail she will climb of of her perch and get her face right next to me so we are beak to nose then she will say hello? hello? hello? until i finally respond to her with hello then she will usually climb on to my head until I get up.

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
These stories are all so great ==my fids are loved but not that amusing!!!

One old story is from Skyler the bad boy budgie. He used to not want to come out when his door was open(there were no other birds in the room to chase and harass then) so being a bad mom I made chicken noises.

Then months later, on Thanksgiving as most of us sat down to eat a holiday duck dinner and picked up our forks came the unmistakable sound of a clucking chicken. We froze in place until my vegatarian niece started to laugh and we realized the sound was coming from Skyler. He had never made that sound before nor did he ever do it again. I guess that was his birdie protest joke for the holiday.

igors mum

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
just remembered my tiel when i change the papers in her cage gets down on the bottom of the cage and looks like she is reading itlol. she also loves when it has pics on it lol. every so often she doesnt agree with something and will let out a squawk lol.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I'm waiting for my mealy's wings to grow out so she can fly. Right now, she walks on the ground to come and find me.
One day, I put an aviator harness on her. The funniest thing she's ever done happened the next day. I knew she loved the outing because she came waddling to me with the aviator harness in her mouth and dropped it by my feet!:heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well Sam is a wild one..the funniest thing she ever did was when she was first hormonal she was about a year old and we had company over...well I had a little teddy bear ornament on the coffee table and she started to hump it..(also another reason we though she was a boy) and we sat there mesmerized..and she just got louder and louder and finished it off with a very loud screeching bad baby boy...I was totally in shock , Dub was embarrassed and the croatian man broke the ice and stood up and said, "yay Sam atta boy." :laughing12:

oddbird

Walking the driveway
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

What a great way to start my day....ive been sitting here cracking up....Thanks so much for all the great stories....

we had a little American Budgie once ,my son nammed him Pepsi,but i called him "Larry " after a funny boy i knew growing up,which tured into "Larry La Roo" ...which turned into "Roonski" he was my sons bird, but i took care of him, he was like 8 weeks old when we got him from a breeder,so every morning id uncover his cage,& say "Good Morning Roonski" ,well one morning i woke up ,uncovered him & before i said anything he said "ROONSKI" well i about droped dead ,cause i wasnt expecting it at all ,& no one tried to teach him to talk or anything....i thought i was hearing things...&no one believed me ,untill he started talking more and more...he was the funnist little bird we loved him so much:)

One night i had covered Roonski, everyone went to bed & the during the night i hear him Screaming "Roonski Roonski" over and over, in the kitchen where his cage was...which he had never done before ...i woke my husband and told him something was wrong...but he ignored me....said it was nothing...so i went out to the kitchen ,and uncovered his cage (it was a huge cage) & there was a BAT inside his cage!!!!! I yanked my husband out of bed ,& he took care of the bat....Roonski was fine, i cant believe he didnt die of a heart attack though !

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Mango is always doing funny things like when im on the computer he tickles my ear till i yell stop it then he bends his head turns his to look streight in my face i have to laugh cause he looks as if hes smiling another thing he does is walk down my arm backwards to my hand then turns around facing me looking streight at me as if to say im here stop typing,,lol i laudh at him and tell him hes a silly bird

Wendy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Wendy
Umm yeah, Mr. Riggley tends sounds like a truck driver. He learned the "f" word and learned how to incorporate it with most everything. "***" is his his favorite. Or "***!" If he hears any curse word on TV, he repeats them immediately and then laughs.

But the funniest thing he's ever done was to tell me he had enough of wrestling. I was pushing him around on the couch and he looked me straight in the face and said, "Stop it! That's enough now! OK? OK?"

Tears streamed down my face from the laughter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh my...these are sooooo funny! Keep them coming please!
Ruby is not a talker, but a "Ohhhh'er" with appropriate intonation each time according to the situation. The other day she flew off her cage and went under my bed. I couldn't see her behind the dust ruffle but told her to come out which she refused to do. I called her again and all of I sudden I hear this perfect "Ohhhh" that clearly said, "No ma I will not and you can't make me." I sat on the floor and just laughed and what I hear next is her laughing back at me. Silly redhead.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
If I am in the bird room and Wesley is still in her cage she will yell "Let me out- RIGHT NOW!"

Joey provides song effects when I am cleaning such as "whew" or a big sigh.

If I catch Chico doing something wrong (trying to chew on the picture frame, etc) he will tell me over and over "Chico is a good boy, Chico is a good boy" as a way to get out of trouble.

And finally, Ernie will tattle on Wesley if she is climbing down her play stand or not using her inside voice by yelling her name.

Lol, I live in a zoo. :hehe:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Leroy swore one day and I told her not to say that it was not nice. She answered me immediately "but Dad does". and that is where she had got it from. Could not argue with that.
Next time he said that word, she yelled at him "language!" that was me telling him to clean up his act in front of the birds.:rofl:

2but Dad does!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I had company staying with me Little General walked from his cage in the living room and locked himself up in Percy's cage in the bed room we got the message and kept him in the bedroom while they were there he did not like them

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I've been :laughing6: my head off!!!

norwegian_blue

Strolling the yard
Lots of years ago we had our first budgie, Norvegian Blue I. (After her, we had a Norwegian Blue II, who was a male.)
Norwegian Blue the 1st had a cage, but it was never locked (the room was bird-proofed for her). When we were home, she was free to roam the whole apartment, but she usually went wherever we were.
One day it was unusually quiet, and we realized that Norwegian Blue is nowhere in sight. We started to search the house, calling her name (to which she usually answered right away) to no avail. We started to panic, rounded up the dog and the cats for questioning. My siblings were little children then, all of them started to cry desperately and LOUDLY. It looked pretty tragic.

Then my mother went to the bathroom (where we searched previolusly BTW). For some reason there was an empty plastic bucket standing in the bathtub. And lo, inside bucket sat Norwegian Blue, as if nothing happened.
She must have been sitting there all the time, watching us search for her frantically.

This is how we learned that she really liked drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.