• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is the funniest thing your bird does or has done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
At bedtime if it gets late and I'm pottering around putting on the covers and clearing up the room, Big Scooter will, in his finest New York accent yell at me ..."Knawk it awf!!!"

Cracks me up everytime! :laughing6:

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
My fids are unfunny :(
Andf I know you're fids are funny! Tell us more stories! What funny things do JoJo and Chickie do?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh this is going to be a great tread :D

Coke-a-moe, my little senegal parrot is really serious about his bed time. If he's been asleep and we come out for whatever reason and turn on a light, he says "Hey! Shut the light out!" HOW he picked that up is beyond me. He also says "Do you mind?" when the others get rowdy :D Its just so funny coming from such a little bird... he is my best talker :eek:

Cassius, I just love the funny antics he does. His bouncing (and he can get really crazy if you arent paying attention) and his burrowing can be really funny. If Im in bed watching TV he will sneak under the covers and snake down to tickle my feet :eek: He is soooo naughty :p

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
I could never buy a bird that talks. My husband gets Tourrett's syndrome when he plays video games. There's no telling what my bird would start saying!:lol:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
My fids are unfunny :(
Andf I know you're fids are funny! Tell us more stories! What funny things do JoJo and Chickie do?
I don't believe that!:D
Tell us the cute things Peanut does and Apple does!!! I demand it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:eek:
I could never buy a bird that talks. My husband gets Tourrett's syndrome when he plays video games. There's no telling what my bird would start saying!:lol:
:omg::eek::eek::eek:
Yikes!!!

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Oh this is going to be a great tread :D

Coke-a-moe, my little senegal parrot is really serious about his bed time. If he's been asleep and we come out for whatever reason and turn on a light, he says "Hey! Shut the light out!" HOW he picked that up is beyond me. He also says "Do you mind?" when the others get rowdy :D Its just so funny coming from such a little bird... he is my best talker :eek:

Cassius, I just love the funny antics he does. His bouncing (and he can get really crazy if you arent paying attention) and his burrowing can be really funny. If Im in bed watching TV he will sneak under the covers and snake down to tickle my feet :eek: He is soooo naughty :p
:omg: that is too funny!!!
"Do you mind?" :rofl::rofl::rofl:

awww, so cute Cassius crawling under the covers to tickle your toesies:laughing12::laughing12::laughing12:!

I have to find you guys on Youtube!:dance4::dance4::dance4:

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Ohhh I can relate to that one. Don't let a Met's game be on....they will learn some interesting words...lol

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Mine don't say much but Jasper is really starting to learn words now. If Tango is being a stinker and flying away from me when I am trying to put him in his cage Jasper will start yelling STEP UP at him.

whitewolf3307

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Its not rated G but...
When I was playing with Quezacotl, my oldest quaker, I was telling him what a good birdie he was and then my hubby comes over and tells him that he is evil and that he is a bad birdie. Quezacotl looked up at my hubby and said "******". I could'nt help but laugh, I never heard him say that before or since.
The other thing also not G rated...
My youngest quaker, Jade was makeing a lot of noies and panting at the sametime when I went to check on him he was taking his foot behind his back to grab his tail feathers and pulling them in between his legs, then grabing the feathers in his beak he started to pleasure himself. My hubby thought it was so funny he taped it.:o:

Last edited by a moderator:

hsmoscout

I don't believe that!:D
Tell us the cute things Peanut does and Apple does!!! I demand it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

uhh...I'll get back to you in a few years when they do something cute...

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I'd have to say it is billy and he doesn't do it all the time but he just comes off with these things and always at the correct time

some examples, When my b/f and son are wrestling around and i've already told them at least 3x's to settle down they'll get all loud and billy will just yell at them "STOP IT"

If we're goofing off telling each other just how it is ( I swear our neighbors probably think we are fighting half the time LOL) Billy will put in his 2 cents worth with a "That's right" and it is always said just in the right place,

My b/f plays a game with Billy where he pretends to squash him, he'll put his hand over him and barely touch him and say "squash squash " while billy is turning in circles, laughing, or clucking .... sometimes when he's done playing that game he'll yell "STOP IT" or he'll get all excited and scream like a little girl LOL (billy not my b/f LOL)

He's also a good one for yelling out a long drawn out "What" if my b/f is talking to me from the other end of the house and I say what a couple times, next thing my bf hears is billy's "Whaaaaaaaaaat" - - you'd think after he's said that so much my b/f would get the picture neither of us can hear him when he's at the other end of the house - but he doesn't lol

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
Kenya, my CAG, yells at my kids..LOL My 4 year old, Sam, came running across the living room and jumped onto one of the sofas. Kenya yells,"Sam, stop! Get off there!" LOL She also tells us "The dogs need water".
Razzle, my Jenday, loves his food so much that all we see is birdy butt and feet while he is face first in his bowl making these birdy ecstacy sounds..LOL

Keny and Ozzy, BHP, finish my sentences for me. I'll call for one of the kids and they both go "Come here!" LOL

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
haha, So funny!! My conures both say "Mango" about 1500 times a day, LOL!
Then Mango gets mad if when the sun goes down, I don't put him to bed that very second, haha, he starts fussing and won't stop until he is covered and the lights are out, LOL! Then today, I had a plate of fresh food for Sammy on top of her cage (it was a plastic plate), and she flung the plate off her cage,and onto the floor, cause she did not want the fresh stuff I gave her, LOL! More stories coming 2morow, hehe!

trout

Real Name
Bobby
Fenway learned to say "Awwww" when she realizes I'm leaving the room.
The little brat also started doing it as soon as I walk back in. :hehe:

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
Oh how I can't wait to read more stories!!!!

Jeepers - I love her grooming herself with her feathers, like she's cleaning her ears with q-tips. One of the funniest she's done is when she first came home, I was on the computer and she was on my shoulder - she came running down my arm, onto my keyboard, turns, looks at me and says "stop it!!" I obviously was not paying enough attention to her!

Monsters funny moments always catch me off guard - it cracks me up when she laughs at something she thinks is super funny, usually when I think something's funny but I DON'T laugh - almost like she's laughing for me. She's pretty funny when it comes to laundry too - has a blast going through clothes. I can't think of ONE funny thing with her - she's always got something going on. Yelling at the dogs is great - she's recently started saying something that sounds like "knock it off" (B.Scooter?) when the dogs get riled up - which is not what I say...

The birds are always cracking me up.... *sigh* I can't wait for more stories :)

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
i think igor talking to the magpie outside or asking my neighbor what are you doing BOY!!!!! was the funnest he has done.he cracks me up all day if im home though. this morning as i uncovered them and said its morning. he started for the next few hours saying its smorning good smorning lol.if i leave the room i get what are you doing huh huh huh over and over if i answer him he comes back with come here come here. all the rest of my birds are pretty normal i guess they dont do much lol

IowaGal

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle
I have so many different favorites, it's hard to choose!

Emily, my mothers TAG who hates me and would like nothing more than to rip my face off - When I was painting the living room ceiling and standing there staring at it trying to decide if I was actually covering all of the white with fresh white, she said "It's perfect". :huh: I just stood there in disbelief at what she had just said! Another time, there was a HUGE spider in the house, and normally I would kill a spider because we have a rule about eebie jeebies being inside, but this time I decided to take it back outside. I came back in and walked past Emily's cage and she said "you're a good daughter". I swear I think my father, who passed away 6 years ago, speaks through that darn bird! Kind of creeps me out! :eek:

Seymour, my sweet quaker, when he gives kisses and says "awwwwww". :heart:

Sam, the cockatiel, when you hold up a magazine he "reads" the pages, then he stops until you turn the page for him.

Delilah, the YNA, when she whistles her favorite tune and follows it up with "Rock On!".

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
When Macho recites Old Mother Hubbard or says "I'm a Cockatoo" it never fails to make us laugh. Since he's only been here 2 months we still are hearing things that we haven't before. Last night: YooHooooo ~ You're a GOOD girl! and Phil never fails to laugh that he says "Hello" every time the phone rings. He will give fair warning that he is going to bite with "Back Up!" or "Careful"

Sunni always ends the day as I'm covering her up clucking like a chicken. When I first brought her home she was around 8mo to a yr old, she was playing on her back on the bed beside me and my brother sat on the end of the bed. He was familiar with birds as he had a Mealy. He must have been there 10 minutes when all of a sudden she realized he was there. She jumped up and, spread her wings and started toward him. All Melvin did was raise his elbow up out of her way - she stopped, cocked her head up at him and said "Don't **** with the Bird" in this deep evil sounding voice, Then she turned around and came back to me. He and I both knew not to make a big deal out of it, I put her up and we left the room, then cracked up. I've never forgotten it and she's never said it again. I found out her first owner's husband's friends would come over, they'd go near her cage and he'd say the above. :)

Midori who is trying to bond to me ~ I just keep ignoring his yuck up's :) sings for me when he sees me first in the morning: "When I was just a little bird" and at night when I turn out the lights he says: "Nite Nite, I Love You!

All Three just make the day fun :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.