• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is the Best Harness for a Conure

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I have a black-capped conure and have heard that this breed is smaller than other conures. He is about 9 weeks old now and is very desensitized to touch. He lets us touch his beak, under the wings, feet, and belly. We do know that petting too much in certain areas can cause hormonal issues but just wanted to say that our bird is very comfortable with us.

He is 71grams, we do not know his length but online it says that on average they are 10inches.
Note: we understand that we need to condition our bird to be comfortable with the harness and know it will take months of training.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've had an aviator on a bird that was 90 grams and it wasn't even their smallest size.

The Avian Fashions flight suit is generally the one I see most people use on itty bitty birds

Kaupasetic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda
I have a black-capped conure and have heard that this breed is smaller than other conures. He is about 9 weeks old now and is very desensitized to touch. He lets us touch his beak, under the wings, feet, and belly. We do know that petting too much in certain areas can cause hormonal issues but just wanted to say that our bird is very comfortable with us.

He is 71grams, we do not know his length but online it says that on average they are 10inches.
Note: we understand that we need to condition our bird to be comfortable with the harness and know it will take months of training.
I have an Avian Fashions if you'd like to try it, just send me a shipping address. I think the sizing is 'Junior Small.' I have the leash, suit, and a pack of little cotton liners.
There is no one to give it to and I hate to throw it away.

Christopher (GCC) was between 69-72gr when I bought it for him.
I tried training him very slowly (took months!) and when it was finally on him, he hated it! It actually wrecked our relationship for a few days so I refuse to put it on him again.

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I have an Avian Fashions if you'd like to try it, just send me a shipping address. I think the sizing is 'Junior Small.' I have the leash, suit, and a pack of little cotton liners.
There is no one to give it to and I hate to throw it away.

Christopher (GCC) was between 69-72gr when I bought it for him.
I tried training him very slowly (took months!) and when it was finally on him, he hated it! It actually wrecked our relationship for a few days so I refuse to put it on him again.
Wow thank you so much!! Me and my s/o are somewhat poor college kids( we enough money for vet emergencies) and looking at harnesses were kinda expensive.

I’m sorry that your GCC Christopher didn’t like it. If my bird doesn’t like it either I’ll try and give it away too. I will private message you my address and please let me pay for shipping

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I've had an aviator on a bird that was 90 grams and it wasn't even their smallest size.

The Avian Fashions flight suit is generally the one I see most people use on itty bitty birds
This is seriously crazy that there r people willing to help me out. But u have helped me a lot to so thank you for all ur advice.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
This is seriously crazy that there r people willing to help me out. But u have helped me a lot to so thank you for all ur advice.
The bird community is pretty awesome :heart:

Kaupasetic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rhonda
Wow thank you so much!! Me and my s/o are somewhat poor college kids( we enough money for vet emergencies) and looking at harnesses were kinda expensive.

I’m sorry that your GCC Christopher didn’t like it. If my bird doesn’t like it either I’ll try and give it away too. I will private message you my address and please let me pay for shipping
That would be awesome, just pay it forward someday, whenever, however you can! :D