• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

What is the best course of action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
How's Miss Emily this morning, Saroj? :hug8:

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
as you know the problem is with their legs giving out...a definite sign of egg binding....I know you are already worried out of your mind..please keep us updated on this whole situation....please ask your vet about the implant and also the hysterectomy...poor Emily...my prayers for you both..:hug8:
I would agree with Anne only cause how much of this will she and you be able to take hun. Trufuly how much more can we all take we love your Emily and we have not met her . If she can have the hysterectomy and maybe the cyst removed also . I know we are not there and are coming from a out of the picture view but I think she is uncomfortable in the least .You know I am not trying to mean but if you could get the operation and have it done relativity safely while she is has fighting spirit I would have it done. Please dont think ill of me saying this it hurts me to say it . I do not like seeing my friends and there Companions hurt. AND by the way you are a great Parront we are behind you all the way and here for you.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
How's Miss Emily this morning, Saroj? :hug8:
Doing well Marie! She posed for you!:D
http://forums.avianavenue.com/feathered-photos-fairway/90154-marie-emily-morning.html

This is what Kita's Avian Vet determined after he did the endoscopy and got the biopsies back..... he said her ovary was full of broken and dying follicles... the ovaries are attached directly to the vena cava so they don't remove them due to the extremely high risk of the bird hemorrhaging to death, and with the ovaries still present, they can still produce eggs that could sit in the abdominal cavity... not good.... it is a very tough situation

I just saw this thread... Saroj, you and Emily remain in my thoughts and prayers..... I am so sorry you guys are going through this... sending you lots of love and good thoughts. Emily is so lucky to have you! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

I would agree with Anne only cause how much of this will she and you be able to take hun. Trufuly how much more can we all take we love your Emily and we have not met her . If she can have the hysterectomy and maybe the cyst removed also . I know we are not there and are coming from a out of the picture view but I think she is uncomfortable in the least .You know I am not trying to mean but if you could get the operation and have it done relativity safely while she is has fighting spirit I would have it done. Please dont think ill of me saying this it hurts me to say it . I do not like seeing my friends and there Companions hurt. AND by the way you are a great Parront we are behind you all the way and here for you.
Jim, thanks for your concern! Read Dianne's post above why a hysterectomy will not help in this case :)

I was worrying about her yesterday, I couldn't check.
awwww Danita, you are so sweet!:heart::heart:

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
How about surgery (removal of ovary) using a laser (controls bleeding?)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
How is Emily? I have been keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Ginger

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
I've been thinking about you and Emily as well. I hope she is doing well this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.