• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What is Pasha eating today?

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Hello everyone :)

I haven't shared Pasha's breakfast plate for a long time.
Today Pasha eats buckwheat, whole wheat pasta and sweet potatoes. He also eats almond, bananas, mint and purslane. 20230928_110658.jpg

Here is Pasha :heart:
VideoCapture_20230928-123148.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a yummy looking breakfast for an adorable boy :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I had never heard of this before.
Looks to be quite nutritious though.
Do you grown your own?
I found an article, and they say that when it's grown in the shade it has a higher oxilate count compared to when grown in direct sun. Thought it was worth noting.

"Oxalates also have antinutrient properties, meaning that they may interfere with the absorption of minerals like calcium and magnesium (23Trusted Source, 24Trusted Source).
Purslane grown in the shade may have higher levels of oxalates, compared to plants readily exposed to sunlight (20)."

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Do you grown your own?
I found an article, and they say that when it's grown in the shade it has a higher oxilate count compared to when grown in direct sun. Thought it was worth noting.

"Oxalates also have antinutrient properties, meaning that they may interfere with the absorption of minerals like calcium and magnesium (23Trusted Source, 24Trusted Source).
Purslane grown in the shade may have higher levels of oxalates, compared to plants readily exposed to sunlight (20)."

Yes, I grow purslane in our own garden. I had looked before, it was written on the internet that there is no danger in parrots eating purslane. That's why I give it to Pasha easily.

A lot of dishes and salads are made here using purslane. They are very delicious
images (1).jpeg images (2).jpeg 5ccfe4d1c03c0e2e30c21984.jpg images.jpeg

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you grown your own?

It's very common food in my country. But I didn't know that I can offer them to my flock.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Looks amazing for your two gorgeous babies

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran