• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what is louder a sun or blue crown conure what aratinga is less prone to biting ?

MARY ANN

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
what is louder a sun or blue crown conure what aratinga is less prone to biting ?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Sun are, at least, higher pitched...

Bird less prone to biting? That will be a parent raised bird that was raised with flock. They would prefer to flee and bite as a last resort. Of course, no one wants to *work* to have a tame bird... so we hand raise them. Hand raised birds are more likely to bite because they don't know any better and they are taught to bite inadvertently...

So the bird that is least likely to bite will be the bird that is not put into situations where they feel the need to bite. Easier said than done if you aren't familiar reading your bird's body language. ;)

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have a sun and they are loud, she is my watchbird, and a cuddle bug

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My sun conures are louder than my blue crowns. The blue crowns might scream a few times a day, but the sun conures do it constantly. The sun conures are more prone to biting. My blue crowns will nip at me if I try to get them to do something they don't want to. My blue crown is a right-handed bird. He will not step up onto my left hand. If I push it, he will eventually bite me. The sun conure bites just because he can. The difference for my birds is that the sun conures tend to give a hard pinch, but with that needle-sharp beak, my blue crowns will actually hurt you.

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I believe I saw, YouTube, that the Sun Conure is the loudest of the middle sized medium conures.
YouTube is not the most accurate source of information tho, FWIW.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I believe I saw, YouTube, that the Sun Conure is the loudest of the middle sized medium conures.
YouTube is not the most accurate source of information tho, FWIW.
Gold caps are slightly louder. I consider the nanday mid size and they are definately louder than a sun.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Suns, gold caps, nandays and jendays are all basically in the same family... so it makes sense! ;)

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Nandays are slightly larger. Their head physically look different as well. Without a doubt louder though:wacky:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
They are still Aratinga's, just like Suns! ;)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
thank you all .. ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JENDAY & SUNS ????? THANK YOU . THEY LOOK ALIKE .. NOISE AND PERSONALTIY ??
They are the same in terms of noise and personality.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
All birds are loud. But it's relative to what you can tolerate.

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Suns have a very high pitched call - I can handle my large macaw flock yells (Which are much louder but lower pitched) much better than one sun conure. However, our girl was such a sweetheart and you take the good with the ear piercing! :muahaha: