• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is it with this parrot and my glasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

if I had my glasses on, he'll just grab it off quickly and chew on it well!! You will have to take it away from him because he will never offer it back to you. He simply sees it as a toy. His toy.

Dante doesn't pull off anything off my face. He doesn't chew my nose lip or anything. But, whenever my glasses are on, he takes it off many times!!!

The reason for his act can either be:
1- he doesn't see the glasses good looking on me; or
2- he sees that glasses are "my toys" that he isn't allowed to play freely with for a long time; or
3- his way of saying that he needs glasses too :huh:

The handles of my glasses (I am not sure what the actual word for it ) has beak-chew-holes/mark on it.

I am wondering , Ii it just the Pinkster or are there other birdies who are crazy about grabbing human glasses and chewing them off?

mimisaur

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bec
Hehehehe! Oh Dante, you are TOO cute! <3 I love that first picture.

Lola and Mimi are always snatching my glasses off my face, too. It's annoying... but too cute and funny to stay at mad at them for too long.

I actually just bought myself new glasses... PRADA! You can bet I won't be letting them have as easier access to them... at least for a few days, haha.

copswife30

Real Name
Kathy
I do not know what the deal is with birds and glasses but they do not like them on your face :lol:Cute pictures :heart:

Kayaker

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
George
Bridget my GW wants my glasses off so she can lick my eyes, she has learned to rip them off and hold them. If she drops them I won't let her lick me. But yes the temples are chewed on my old glasses. I just got tititanum new one just because of the birds, will see how they hold up.

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Lola and Mimi are always snatching my glasses off my face, too. It's annoying... but too cute and funny to stay at mad at them for too long.
I see thatI am not the only one who plays the "give me my glasses back" game with a birdie :hehe:

It gets annoying when you get glasses back, put glasses on face, pinkster pulls it off again, get the glasses back, put glasses on face, pinkster pulls it off yet again, get the glasses back, put galsses back on face, pinkster yet again pulls it off ...and repeat:headsmack: during that , you also hear him make "giggle" sounds.

But yeah I agree, they are all so cute to get annoyed with for long :swoon:

I actually just bought myself new glasses... PRADA! You can bet I won't be letting them have as easier access to them... at least for a few days, haha.
I hear you :lol:

The screw thing on the sides of my current D&G glasses is lose already (from pulling it off from the sides many times), so I no longer bother with giving him harder access to it lol ..BUT my Chanel one is soon coming and when that one arrives from the Optic, I think I will keep my current glasses next to me when I have that on...hoping that Dante will continue paying attention to it and not noticing the new one ...i just have a feeling , from previous experiences, that he prefers what I have / am using more than anything else. The thing I have in hand at the moment is always his favorite to take :rolleyes:

they do not like them on your face :lol:Cute pictures :heart:
That is how it seems like it coz the second I put the glasses back on after taking it from him, he takes it off again 0.o he sire is lucky for being cute and I think that he knows already that he can get away with whatever he does :heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Mr. Pink..what a rascal you are.....all the birds here love hubby's glasses.....we even bought them a pair of glasses (you can pick them up cheapat some stores) and they seem to lke tossing them around..weird.

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bridget my GW wants my glasses off so she can lick my eyes, she has learned to rip them off and hold them. If she drops them I won't let her lick me. But yes the temples are chewed on my old glasses. I just got tititanum new one just because of the birds, will see how they hold up.

:lol: I am in the same boat with new glasses coming in the way ... I will keep my current one next to me when I have the new one on in hope that he wont notice it :p

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mr. Pink..what a rascal you are.....all the birds here love hubby's glasses.....we even bought them a pair of glasses (you can pick them up cheapat some stores) and they seem to lke tossing them around..weird.

Seems like your adorable fids are like Dante too :p

I think that my current glasses are gonna be his to be free at playing with when the new one arrive in few more days :D

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I think most of them like to play with glasses.

Now I have to wear safety glasses when cuddling with Merlin because she preens my eyes obsessively. She seems convinced that my tear ducts need serious help.

Feather

Avenue Veteran
I used to wear reading glasses - don't have to anymore - but Zyda couldn't stand them being on my face. Same goes for headphones. She's actually stolen my Skype headset before and tried to fly off with it! :huh: She doesn't actually seem too keen on playing​ with the glasses or headset, she just wants it off my face.

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
A lot of parrots are obsessed with glasses (including Ralph, who steals my glasses when I wear them instead of my contact lenses). Maybe they're frustrated opticians? :D

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Tell me about it! I fell asleep with Phoenix near me, and THIS is what resulted!

photo-58.jpg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Look at the bright side, at least you don't have to retrieve (or try to retrieve) your glasses from your fid's nest. Quaker boys Baby and JJ will try to steal glasses off my face and have succeeded in doing that when I've taken them off cause I'm resting my eyes or watching TV. JJ will actually try to weave them into whatever nest he's attempting to build in his cage and he does not appreciate my interfering with his building!

Then again I've had to retrieve bracelets, pens, pencils and even a chopstick :)eek:) from JJ's nests.:rolleyes:

doodadz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leilani
All animals here love glasses. I have to buy them by the multi-pak. I am fortunate to only need magnification but the dog roots thru open purses and steals them from the coffee table. You hear a ccrrrunch..... And look over and there he is...prize in his little doggie jaws. The birds are sneaky. They will do the direct snatch and grab off of the face or reach for the ones on the table as their cohort distracts you by attacking another sibling....yeah .....it is a big keep away game over here with mama trying to keep up with the prize --the glasses-- before it disintegrates!

Didomum

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Diana
Such cute photo. All I get it Sammy IRN see my glasses on the table and poops on them everytime. Lol

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Gussie LOVES my glasses, but unlike so many mentioned here, she prefers them ON my face. Just check my avitar on the left!

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Someone please copy this thread over to the ' What cheap toys can I get for my Birdie' section.

I wear sunglasses constantly (african sun) and all the caiques are FASCINATED by them.

Theyre different
Papa has them
All good things come from Papa
Therefore they must be grabbed and enjoyed!!!! ( ie destroyed as quickly as possible)
LOL

I think we should all buy cheap and tacky glasses by the sackful, and then 'allow' them to be stolen, all the while protesting in mock shock and horror!

what a game! lol

Last edited:

starla21

Jogging around the block
Firstly Dante is just absolutely gorgeous and secondly he looks adorably proud that he's managed to once again grab the object of interest. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.