• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is it with people...and selling birds!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I've been trying for a few months now to find another
African Grey Congo. No luck!!

I've found three that were posted on hoobly
and Craig's list. However when I respond to the ad the email gets rejected and doesn't go through. So I call the
Phone number, it just rings and rings, no voice mail and no one answers!! Aaaggghhh!!! Two of the birds were within
15 minute drive, another about 40 minutes. Yet can not get in touch. Drives me nuts!

I thought they did birds of Facebook market place
, But haven't seen any birds on there.

Not a single rescue has any, or rather they won't part with them....the greys...

So annoying!!!

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I could check with A Pace to Call Home on Monday and see if he has any. He had so many birds in December when we picked up Beau. However I was so taken with Beau I did notice much of the otber birds, just that the barn was full of cages and birds.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I could check with A Pace to Call Home on Monday and see if he has any. He had so many birds in December when we picked up Beau. However I was so taken with Beau I did notice much of the otber birds, just that the barn was full of cages and birds.
That sounds great!! Down in Indiana I believe.....haven't checked them.
I could get an Amazon near me, but I'm really looking for a Cag. The Amazon is a breeder and not tame at all.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
That sounds great!! Down in Indiana I believe.....haven't checked them.
I could get an Amazon near me, but I'm really looking for a Cag. The Amazon is a breeder and not tame at all.
Not sure how tame these birds are, or how long he has had them. They are well cared for, but there are so many of them.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Are there any fb bird groups for your state? There are a number for Pennsylvania and people list birds on them all the time. Since you have to be accepted into the group it seems a little more safe than Craigslist.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Can't sell animals on FB....

There's a male congo here... unfortunately, it's Nevada.... and the person who has him isn't comfortable letting him go to an "unknown", and less likely out of state. He seems to be a well adjusted guy though.

Many people probably want CAGs like many people want Huskies.... so they usually tend to go fast? Maybe...

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Can't sell animals on FB....

There's a male congo here... unfortunately, it's Nevada.... and the person who has him isn't comfortable letting him go to an "unknown", and less likely out of state. He seems to be a well adjusted guy though.

Many people probably want CAGs like many people want Huskies.... so they usually tend to go fast? Maybe...
Maybe.... But I've been watching all possible places around here weekly for past few months. Grey's just don't pop up or show up at rescues as much.
Just like that too, I tried to get a few weeks back and got blew off because I asked too many questions about bird....
Would you believe the bird is still for sale as of yesterday.
That's the mentality of some people... They don't respond to inquires on their ad, have phone that they don't answer, or have email that is not taking replies.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Are there any fb bird groups for your state? There are a number for Pennsylvania and people list birds on them all the time. Since you have to be accepted into the group it seems a little more safe than Craigslist.
Didn't think about the FB groups.... That's an idea.

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
I've been keeping an eye out for you! Of course I'll travel for you if I find one near me.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just checked that old vets webpage & there's no Greys as of late. A few mini birds & 1 bare eyed Too. If you want to check it out PM me.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I added my name to the waiting list for a CAG from the Green Parrot Superstore in Holly for you :D I shop there often and they have gorgeous babies!!
Oh thanks!! I've heard of that place!! Never been there yet. You know I was telling Tricia
That when we all went down to t he UAW hall last summer for the parrot thing. We passed a big parrot store on the main drag before the uaw hall.. Tropical parrot paradise... Something like that.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'll PM it to you again. I will mention that I think that there best intention seems to be keeping up the page. After watching it for over a year & a half, they only seem to remove about ever 6 months. They add more frequently.