• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is it like to own a Vasta parrot.

Copasetic

Sitting on the front steps
I'm interested in the species and would like to know what other's experience with them is like.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
As far as I know there aren't any users here who have a Vasa and are currently active.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sadly we had a Vasa that had a accident & died. There was another Vasa with one leg but have not seen them in a while.

They don;t come up very often.
I saw one in a ad in CA at one time but never again.

You can read through the Vasa Forum for all the old threads.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know that jcaviary breeds vasas you could probably contact them for more information if ur interested

Casa de Vasa

Meeting neighbors
There are a few vasa breeders in the fb Greater Vasa owners and admirers group. Also, Occasionally one will pop up for sale on the hookbills for sale website. There is usually a waiting list for Vasa because there’s not many Vasa breeders. Prices have been going up as well. I’m not a breeder but owner.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
There are a few vasa breeders in the fb Greater Vasa owners and admirers group. Also, Occasionally one will pop up for sale on the hookbills for sale website. There is usually a waiting list for Vasa because there’s not many Vasa breeders. Prices have been going up as well. I’m not a breeder but owner.
Ohhh I do love the Vasa’s… any chance of some pics?

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
yes, pics pls i haven't seen any people who have vasas much less multiples

Casa de Vasa

Meeting neighbors
My experience. They are great. Mine each have different personalities. Males seem to be the sweetest. My Female can be very demanding. They are all very smart. I think they are beautiful. They make constant visual changes throughout each year. They tend to be the most talkative and loudest during their hormonal season. (Around spring into summer). After that they start making their fall into winter visual changes and as hormones settle down, they are quieter.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thank you for the pics!!

By any chance are you on Instagram?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wow! I have never seen so many Vasas together. That's awesome! You need to tell us more about your flock! (It's also a good thing we don't know where you live because I think you'd have the whole forum showing up at your house to visit your Vasas. ;) :roflmao:) I think many of us are big Vasa admirers. :)