• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is her intentions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Ok, this is the closest these two birds have ever been together. Fannie was on the table and Chloe flew to the couch near her. I was right there. Is she trying to make friends or is she trying to eat Fannie. As you can see Fannie is as usual is totally unaffected. Is Chloe displaying any indication of her intention through her body language. Ive never really been able to read Chloe so Im clueless. Also, is pewter dangerous to birds? I think the little thing Fannie is holding is pewter so I took it away from her but she loved it.

Attachments

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
My Timneh, Asher is always curious about the new birds and wants to check them out and be friends. It looks like Chloe is very interested in Fannie... I think if Chloe had bad intentions you would be able to read it.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Coins are NOT good for them to play with..
I would be VERY careful...Fannie may be "uneffected" so you think but that doesn't mean can't inflict holes if Chole gets too close or the other way around.....Your body / voice language needs to be calm when this is going on also...:hug8:

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Coins are NOT good for them to play with..
I would be VERY careful...Fannie may be "uneffected" so you think but that doesn't mean can't inflict holes if Chole gets too close or the other way around.....Your body / voice language needs to be calm when this is going on also...:hug8:
Yes, Billie Faye, I was right there and willing to get bit to protect them if they made a move towards each other but I always feel like Im stifling Chloe because Im always shooing her away from people, other birds etc. Everytime she tries to explore she is carted back to her cage. I guess I feel bad because she doesn't have a lot of privileges in this house because of her behavoir. I want her to make progess and be happy. I don't want her to become cage bound. Lately she doesn't want to step up off her cage when I ask. She will run back in her cage and this is a step backward. Also, the thing Fannie is holding is not a coin but it is made of pewter. Is pewter bad?

Budgie/bliss

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Teresa Friesen
I would not trust pewter. I think it is considered a type if lead.

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
Pewter does contain lead, so definitely no chewing for birds!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Pewter is bad.

Status