• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is he doing??

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:bump7:

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
To me, that looks like mating behavior.

Sharonitaw

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sharon
how old is your bird?
I don't know about parrots but at the wildlife rehab center I work at some of our ambassador raptors do this as a nesting behavior during spring hormones.

Hammons

Meeting neighbors
He has been hormonal, like showing me his wings and looking like he is regurgitating, but today he is doing this where he is like laying very still and closing his eyes, and if I talk to him he shows me his wings again. He is doing this in my lap too, I had a blanket on. I try not to touch him other than pet his head because he is very moody. He likes to let you pet him then try to bite. Any time my husband comes near me, Skittles gets worked up and it’s like he will run after him to keep him away from me but will also bite me if he can. He is around 22 now but I have only had him since the end of November.I just haven’t seen him laying down like this so much and I was scared maybe he is a she and might be trying to lay an egg? What is the purpose in him laying down like that?

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I'm not sure if that's female behavior or not. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in. But it definitely sounds like he's trying to mate with you.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue