• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video What is he doing and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He only does it to my sister, and has been doing it for a month or so. Is this hormones or playing? He doesn't do this any other time.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't know. Because he is a silly bird???
He's such a mystery lol he'll keep doing that as long as her finger is right there but he eventually chomps down. Part of me thinks it's just him and his weird sense of humor, but I'm also not sure since she's the only one he does it to. Any other time, he wants nothing to do with her, snapping at her every chance he gets.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
He only does it to my sister, and has been doing it for a month or so. Is this hormones or playing? He doesn't do this any other time.
Hey there Brit !!! Hope all is well there.
A bird's tongue contains myriad nerve endings, and it is used to sense taste and texture. If you or sister are wearing new clothing or are holding new apparatus in hand, that beak may be aiding the tongue in evaluating those items that are new to the bird's world.

One way you may inadvertently teach your bird to beak you more often is if you happen to let out a high pitched yell when you are beaked. This is especially true with younger birds that are still learning social norms.

Birds, especially the parrots, are likely to interpret your sound as a positive comment and reinforcer; the bird will think you are praising it rather than protesting. In this way, socializing a bird is much like socializing a puppy. Use high vocal tones for approval and use low tones to discourage what is unwanted.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Turns out it's him being hormonal. Whenever my sister comes into my room, he tries to get as close as he can to her and then starts regurgitating.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
There were a few times where it looked like he was working food up to regurgitate.

So he's weird and gross. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.