• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is going on here?!

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I keep a healthy zoo of animals: cockatiel, beta fish, goldfish, 3 dogs (hound, terrier, and chi).
Turns out my Canela, tiel, and Pablito, chi, have a huge rivalry going on. The chi knows the rules, Canela-no matter how annoying- is off limits. In our home there is no sniffing, licking, biting, or eating the bird. And he's a good dog so he doesn't even flinch when he sees the bird.....or so i thought until today when he got on his hind legs and scratched for me to pick him up. Mind you, this is a chihuahua that is rarely carried because, well, he can get around on his own. He doesn't even like being carried but today he begged to be picked up. He also put his little face on my jshoulder, exactly where my tiel goes. I thought, "gee, strange." But when I saw the tiel circle me and the chi and then fly back to her cage I realized they were literally fighting over me.
Now that I'm fully aware I realize they've been building up to this point! I never thought I'd experience "sibling" rivalry like this in my home!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:laugh: That is so cute! :heart:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
From Canela's name I'm assuming he/she is a cinnamon tiel? You need to post pix of the two to round this story out. Most chis have those big, sad brown eyes then again tiels can pull the "cute tiel" card.