• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What if?

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
What if all the good, bad, and ugly posts were deleted and new ones were created, or at least edit them since some of this information is from more than 10 years ago? Not saying that the information on them is bad just some of it might be outdated. I'm just asking to see if it's a possibility in the future.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
People can add to those threads as they wish.

We will not delete them because their experiences are still relevant. People, some who are no longer with us, donated their time to those threads and it would be a shame to lose their insight forever. Not to mention, some species that were popular 10 years ago aren't as numerous on the board these days, so there wouldn't be as many (or any) people to share in some areas.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Makes sense thanks :)

fluff86

Walking the driveway
Instead of deleting the old posts, maybe they could be archived somewhere so that those who wrote them could look back on them and laugh or for historic records for the future.

fluff86

Walking the driveway
People can add to those threads as they wish.

We will not delete them because their experiences are still relevant. People, some who are no longer with us, donated their time to those threads and it would be a shame to lose their insight forever. Not to mention, some species that were popular 10 years ago aren't as numerous on the board these days, so there wouldn't be as many (or any) people to share in some areas.
That is a very valid point. Also there are not many people using forums as there was 10 years ago so the information can be quite valuable.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Instead of deleting the old posts, maybe they could be archived somewhere so that those who wrote them could look back on them and laugh or for historic records for the future.
I would argue that they are already archived in the best way possible, for the public to see.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The posts in those threads are in order. If you want the most recent, read them backwards starting with the last post in the thread.

We don´t delete anyones posts here unless they go against the forum rules.

The stickies are all maintained, links fixed etc And those good bad ugly thread, as well as the roll calls, are rolling threads that will always be unlocked and available to contribute to.

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
Just adding my two cents here...

I have gone through the Good, Bad, Ugly threads so many times to see what birds would be a good fit for me and my flock, as well as to educate myself. Let me just say, almost all of the information there is relevant to today's birdkeeping. Sure, humans may have changed in 10 years, and our care may have changed in 10 years, but a well-kept bird's behavior has not.