• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What I *THINK* worked for Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I noticed today that Harper has definitely been growing some more feathers in!
http://forums.avianavenue.com/feathered-photos-fairway/12316-harpers-new-feathers.html
The things I have done differently are #1 I got a humidifier a few weeks ago after talking to Ginger.
And #2 it occured to me that she started plucking when I started giving her stress relief rescue remedy, an herbal mix prescribed by my vet for Maddie who had Candida. I started adding it to everyone's water right before she started plucking and when she started plucking, I started putting it in the water I used to bathe her with. So a few weeks ago, I discontinued giving that as well. So I'm not sure exactly which thing, if any, helped her, but these feathers are definitely new looking through the pics.
The one with Beau I took less than two weeks ago. There were a few peaking through, and then the one on the boing is from today.

Attachments

Last edited:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I bet it was the humidifier. Just MO. Either way, congrats, and I hope it continues well for you! :hug8:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Humidity does seem to be a big thing. I hope Harper lets them feathers be this time

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
it could of been either, Some medicine does have side effects (just like human medicines) I would personally consider the meds did it, Since it seemed to start once she was given the medicine.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
You grow girl!!

Ginger

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I am leaning toward the humidifier but it could have been both or either. Who knows, I'll just continue doing what I'm doing. :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've seen such a huge difference after having a humidifier in my home too! Lookin good Harper.:dancing:

Status
Not open for further replies.