• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What I am seeing?

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Female is the Lutino Opaline, the male is next to her. The other picture is the chicks they gave!! Do anyone knows what I’m seeing? A friend has this pair and always breed chicks like that.
I’m trying to use the gen calculator but can properly aim this. @expressmailtome @Zara

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If the lutino is in fact the female, then the male is split to opaline, hence the visual opaline offspring. I am assuming that you are asking about the offspring on the top of the pile? If so, that is a single dark factor cinnamon opaline peach faced lovebird.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
If the lutino is in fact the female, then the male is split to opaline, hence the visual opaline offspring. I am assuming that you are asking about the offspring on the top of the pile? If so, that is a single dark factor cinnamon opaline peach faced lovebird.
Thanks, yes the Lutino is the female.. all three are from the same parents. Attached a recently picture of the actual clutch.
@April

Attachments

SKC4

Strolling the yard
@expressmailtome one more thing who added the cinnamon to the equation to be visual.
Is funny the one that looks like a whiteface blue is a male the other two females… they are right now on their second clutch with almost the same result. Only one chick with black beak and dark feet
Is correct what I did on the Genetic Calculator ?

Attachments

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh! Oh my goodness,so much cuteness. :heart:

SKC4

Strolling the yard
@expressmailtome

added blue line to the female is the only why I see they give blue chicks like the first picture with the three siblings Together

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
@expressmailtome one more thing who added the cinnamon to the equation to be visual.
Is funny the one that looks like a whiteface blue is a male the other two females… they are right now on their second clutch with almost the same result. Only one chick with black beak and dark feet
Is correct what I did on the Genetic Calculator ?
You are correct that the lutino is a split for a blue series mutation, however I am not sure which of the blue series mutations that is.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Number 3 (and 4) seem to be a single dark factor peach faced lovebird. No other mutations are popping out at me.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
Number 3 (and 4) seem to be a single dark factor peach faced lovebird. No other mutations are popping out at me.
Thank you. I’m not sure if Opaline too at least #3

This is a female from the first clutch older sis.

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you. I’m not sure if Opaline too at least #3

This is a female from the first clutch older sis.
If picture four is the same bird as in picture 3, then no, he/she is not opaline. The bird in pictures 5 and 6 (if they are the same bird) is opaline. Just so you know, the easiest way to tell when they are that young is their tails. Look at the difference in the tails between pictures 2, 4 and 6. The birds in pictures 2 and 6 are opaline, but the bird in 4 is not.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
If picture four is the same bird as in picture 3, then no, he/she is not opaline. The bird in pictures 5 and 6 (if they are the same bird) is opaline. Just so you know, the easiest way to tell when they are that young is their tails. Look at the difference in the tails between pictures 2, 4 and 6. The birds in pictures 2 and 6 are opaline, but the bird in 4 is not.
Thanks for the clarification. I get it now only 2 and 6 are Opaline. I will try to get pictures when they get all the feathers. What is the body color of 2 vs 6?

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
It looks like you're learning the genetics on the parents and the babies. :) I could see in the pic of the parents and the babies that Mom was a Cinnamon-Ino! An Ino would have bright white flights, whereas in that pic you can clearly see the brown tint in her flights. How cool is that? The babies are adorable. :heart:
Just keep in mind to not use the term BLUE with Peachfaced Lovebirds as there is no BLUE mutation with this species. They are Parblues (Aqua, Aqua-Turquoise, and Turquoise). If the bird is classed for showing/breeding/selling as the phenotype Blue, it should be denoted with an asterick (*Blue). None of these birds are the phenotype though.

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
They’re very cute. But I think I like the *blue and white one best.

SKC4

Strolling the yard
It looks like you're learning the genetics on the parents and the babies. :) I could see in the pic of the parents and the babies that Mom was a Cinnamon-Ino! An Ino would have bright white flights, whereas in that pic you can clearly see the brown tint in her flights. How cool is that? The babies are adorable. :heart:
Just keep in mind to not use the term BLUE with Peachfaced Lovebirds as there is no BLUE mutation with this species. They are Parblues (Aqua, Aqua-Turquoise, and Turquoise). If the bird is classed for showing/breeding/selling as the phenotype Blue, it should be denoted with an asterick (*Blue). None of these birds are the phenotype though.
Thanks for the explanation. I am waiting to get a picture of the babies when they are fully feather .