• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent What happened to my bird?

pippo

Moving in
I have this Albino Cockatiel, Mumu. She (I don't know the gender yet, just assume) is 36 days old. I handfed her with Nutribird A21 formula. I noticed yesterday that she is doing this things with her throat and open mouth. Please see the video. She is doing it constantly and I'm so worried for her. I saw bubbles in her poop. I attached the picture of her poop with this thread. Can someone tell me what's wrong with her and what should I do now? I know I should take her to the vet, but believe me no avian vet is available in my area.

Attachments

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
This little bird looks really sick to me. Avian vets are best but I would take her to regular vet if only option.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I agree really needs to see a avian vet.

pippo

Moving in
Donna turner & rocky'smom, I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll make arrangements to see vets tomorrow. My Mumu won't be able to travel to the vet, so I'll go to the vet and show him the video. In the meantime it will help me a lot if you can tell me what happened to my baby. Did she catch cold or is it something to do with the respiratory system? I just wanna know what happened to by baby today. Thank you

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
It could a wide range of problems. Slow crop which in turn into fungal infection, possibly a respiratory infection, adjustment of the crop, or host of other problems.
We are not avian vets and in the USA you would have to bring the bird into the vets office for swabs culture and so vet can actually see what is going on.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, I hope she’ll be okay, and you can get her seen. Please keep us updated.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
So happy to hear this