• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What foods should I add to their diet?

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
I have a 3 year old lovebird and a 1 year old green cheek conure. Their current diet is chop in the morning (wide variety of vegetables, grains, herbs, and sprouts) Harrison's pellets in the afternoon, and Roudybush pellets overnight. I want to add other foods to their diet to make sure they are getting everything they need and more. I was thinking of adding a healthy seed mix, but I don't have any other ideas. My questions are: What seeds should I feed my birds and how often? How often should I feed nuts, and should I soak them beforehand? Are there any other foods that I should add? How can I make sure that they are getting all their nutritional needs?

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I use seed for training and foraging which are both necessary. Millit is best for this but not the healthiest which is why I limit it to my birds. Honestly, just get any seed said specifically for parrots but check they don't have chemicals.
By the way I love how your do careful with their diet

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
There's nothing else they need in my opinion, but you could use things like slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, etc, for treats and foraging :)