• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does your parrot eat every day?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Sorry @Pepebirdie , but I strongly believe that all birds should be abundance weaned. That is more true for macaws than for smaller birds that mature more quickly. Some macaws self wean at 5 months and others want to be fed for as long as two years. Allowing them to wean on their own schedule increases their self confidence and does immeasurable good for their health.

Give him a hand feeding when ever he asks for it and continue to encourage him eating big boys foods. He will wean when he is ready. You have a long, long life ahead of you with your guy, don't skimp on the basics.

Pepebirdie

Walking the driveway
Sorry @Pepebirdie , but I strongly believe that all birds should be abundance weaned. That is more true for macaws than for smaller birds that mature more quickly. Some macaws self wean at 5 months and others want to be fed for as long as two years. Allowing them to wean on their own schedule increases their self confidence and does immeasurable good for their health.

Give him a hand feeding when ever he asks for it and continue to encourage him eating big boys foods. He will wean when he is ready. You have a long, long life ahead of you with your guy, don't skimp on the basics.
Of course. I wasn’t suggesting force weaning him if that’s what you were thinking. What I meant was encouraging him to eat more solid foods to help the process. Seeing if he will eat solid food for dinner instead of the baby food. But I’m not suggesting force weaning

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Idk how old your bird is but if he is over 1yr then you need to wean him off formula.
Sorry if I misinterpreted you, but it was hard to get anything else from this statement by you.

tattoosiva

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Breakfast/lunch
Dry mash mix (homemade)
Freeze dried vegtables
Pellets (zupreme fruit loops AKA small fruit flavored)

Dinner
3 days a week (cooked pasta or grains) plus fruit on the side
4 days a week harrison mash forage mix (uncooked sprouted oat grouts, millet, quinoa on the bottom topped with Harrison's dry mash)

Favorite foods my days off

baked sweet potato or yam with a bit of coconut oil.

Bean mash covered in freeze dried carrots

Cooked frozen riced vegtables mixed with pom or papaya seeds

Egg whites cooked with mashed up bird bird

Bedtime treat

Hemp seed

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
Breakfast/lunch
Dry mash mix (homemade)
Freeze dried vegtables
Pellets (zupreme fruit loops AKA small fruit flavored)

Dinner
3 days a week (cooked pasta or grains) plus fruit on the side
4 days a week harrison mash forage mix (uncooked sprouted oat grouts, millet, quinoa on the bottom topped with Harrison's dry mash)

Favorite foods my days off

baked sweet potato or yam with a bit of coconut oil.

Bean mash covered in freeze dried carrots

Cooked frozen riced vegtables mixed with pom or papaya seeds

Egg whites cooked with mashed up bird bird

Bedtime treat

Hemp seed
Thank you for information.