• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does this mean?

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I can't get it on video because he stops every time I pull out my phone, but Phoenix the budgie bobs his head up and down (not like he's regurgitating, but like his whole upper body goes up and down). I can't tell what it means, but he gets super excited when I do it back. I'm just hoping its not a courting thing, because that would be awkward :rofl:

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tbh I’m not sure but I’ve seen mango copying me too when I bob my head or kinda dance to music where he starts to sway and chirp/bob

Keetie!

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Joanne
Male budgies do the head bobbing thing when they are so happy and excited. I don't know if it is related to courting though. It's so cute to watch..isn't it?

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Male budgies do the head bobbing thing when they are so happy and excited. I don't know if it is related to courting though. It's so cute to watch..isn't it?
Yes its adorable he just looks so happy

annafauna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Anna
It's not just males! Three of my girls sing and dance (bob their heads). Occasionally they'll try to bob "at" one another, but more often, they're just singing their hearts out on their own, feeling happy.