• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does this mean?

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think she just likes hanging out with/on you!

Leia likes to spend the last 30-45 minutes before bed just hanging out on my shoulder. She fluffs up, tucks a foot up and beak-grinds, sometimes she makes tiny gentle chirps. I think she just likes to relax with me - maybe Angel is the same?

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Sounds like your her chosen one and when she is with you she feels safe and all is right with her world so she sits quietly and makes gentle comments to herself and you. I'd say that's a gift she is giving you because she feels safe and loved.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
@tka @Dartman

I'll take that! I didn't realize I was the chosen one. I guess I've slowed down this week enough for her to sit on me. Usually she flies from post to post as I move from computer to sewing machine to bird room etc.

Wasn't sure about the head nodding t hing. Like a slow-motion bobble head doll.

Last edited:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Many times they just LOVE to be near you watching while you do stuff. Nerd used to sit on the desk drawer to my computer and watch, snooze, get scritches, etc.
Lurch would fly after me like a feathered puppy when I left the room, Dobby has chosen my sister so he loves to sit on her knee at the couch and fly after her any time she moves and plop on her shoulder. eventually she may try to feed you and finger wrestle with you too, that's pretty normal for them once they have chosen you.
Enjoy your new best friend.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Today she sat on me for a long time making a tiny chirp (she is full of tiny chirps) and nodding her head slowly. What does it mean?
Can you record it on video? It is much easier if I can see it. :)
It can be hormonal, and it can be bonding. When Eloy was angry he did nod his head slowly up and down. That was his signal before he attacked.
What did you do when she started that behavior? Something that sounded? Or handle something?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Can you record it on video? It is much easier if I can see it. :)
It can be hormonal, and it can be bonding. When Eloy was angry he did nod his head slowly up and down. That was his signal before he attacked.
What did you do when she started that behavior? Something that sounded? Or handle something?
I will try to get it on video.

Right before..I tried to scratch her head but she didn’t want it, so she put her beak on my finger. So I put my arms down, that’s when she moved over and began this. I just baby talked her, and hubby and I talked about her. I did reach for my ipad but she was perched much like Anit’as bird up there ^^ only I was slouched back more, so there wsn’t any place to put it.