• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does this behavior mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabernet

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Robin Abernethy
Lately, Nugget will be sitting on my shoulder and turn and push her beak into the side of my face. It's the top of her beak. Or she'll be under my chin and push her beak into my chin. It's definitely not a nibbling or mouthing behavior - and it's quite endearing. I just wondered what she might be trying to tell me.

Anyone else's lovies do this? Is this a behavior lovies do with each other?

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
Yes, my lovies do that too. I love it.:heart::heart::heart:
But, sorry, don't know what it means.:rolleyes:

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
It is just an affectionate gesture. It is very sweet. Sounds like a darling bird.

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
My Velvet does the same thing. I know lovies like their beaks rubbed. Maybe they're trying to give us a hint? :lol:

rabernet

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Robin Abernethy
She's super sweet, but boy does she get MAD when it's bedtime. She paces the bottom of her cage by the door and she has to stretch her neck up to see me over the lip of the cage - so you have this yellow blur going back and forth with an occasional stretch of the neck to see if I'm still there.

Silly bird - if you'd get on a perch you could see I'm just four feet from you. Yes, mommy knows that you want to be out with her, but mommy has to go to sleep, sweet Nugget!

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
She's super sweet, but boy does she get MAD when it's bedtime. She paces the bottom of her cage by the door and she has to stretch her neck up to see me over the lip of the cage - so you have this yellow blur going back and forth with an occasional stretch of the neck to see if I'm still there.

Silly bird - if you'd get on a perch you could see I'm just four feet from you. Yes, mommy knows that you want to be out with her, but mommy has to go to sleep, sweet Nugget!
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
What a cutie! Lovies sure are "active" birdies.:rolleyes:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I was thinking Beep was unique for that for a while. He's taken to doing that lately, but he also has a huge fascination with shirt collars. While he does the love bumps he sometimes nips my neck. I don't mind love bumps but those little nips hurt like the dickens!

Status
Not open for further replies.