• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does it mean?

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
After getting inspired by the Bird whisperer people, I started copying those techniques with Inca. Now, when I whistle, he stretches his neck ,sways from side to side, makes cooing sounds and puts his beak on cage bar (no eye pinning) .I think it's a sign of happiness... Does he need head or beak scratch? Till now he hasn't allowed to touch him. What do you think friends?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Secret whistles back to hubby with flashing eyes, spread tail and stretched neck.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Give him a treat thru the bars first then maybe the try a quick scritch.
Birds like whistles & its a good way to communicate I would think.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
In this situation, I'd put my fingers gently against the bars, but wouldn't stick them through just yet.
If a scritch is wanted, mine would slowly come over and bow his head towards me. That is an invite to touch.

See what your Inca does if you offer. Maybe say something like 'may I touch?'. Use the same words each time so Inca understands you're asking/offering attention.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
In this situation, I'd put my fingers gently against the bars, but wouldn't stick them through just yet.
If a scritch is wanted, mine would slowly come over and bow his head towards me. That is an invite to touch.

See what your Inca does if you offer. Maybe say something like 'may I touch?'. Use the same words each time so Inca understands you're asking/offering attention.
Thank you, I'll try this