• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What does it eat?

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:wideyed::wideyed:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:backout:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You must mean like already dead ones that it scavenges right?
Right?…… Right?? :peek1:

how big is that thing if it catches them live!!! :scared5:

I definitely need a coffee now!! :omg: Coffee please!!!
No, they hunt as well as scavenge I believe, this is one of the smaller ones I’ve seen but I guess the big ones must start off small lol- he was a real grump after I stepped backwards onto his butt lol.

Not sure if the one in the article is the exact same but they’re pretty fascinating really.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They sting them dont they ?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
They sting them dont they ?
I don’t know much about their behaviour or habits tbh. I see them and leave them be if they’re not anywhere they shouldn’t be and I scoop them up and move them if they’re somewhere I don’t want them. As far as I know they’re not a big problem if they bite you other than the bite hurts.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Another reason I will never live in Australia :scared2:
I honestly always find these kind of statements quite amusing and odd…. I’ve lived here my whole life and I’ve spent many years living in areas where things like centipedes, scorpions, spiders and highly venomous snakes are fairly common and seen every other day of the week and as of yet I’ve not once been bitten or stung by any of these sorts of things- bees and wasps seriously worry me more than anything as I’ve been stung by them both (and I’m allergic to them) more than once and most times they’ve got me has been in areas where people just don’t worry about the above mentioned critters as they don’t really ever live in those areas. The things that most seem to worry and scare people from other countries rarely cause an issue at all in comparison to every other danger life has to offer lol.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I don't like those, i don't know how some poeple keep then as pets, they are very brave

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Yeah the nature documentaries make it seem like we are fighting the dangerous animals through the car park, but it is pretty chill in reality.

Most of the, "dangerous" critters don't come looking for you. You sorta need to find yourself upon them. They don't want to be found.

Jogging around the block
I honestly always find these kind of statements quite amusing and odd…. I’ve lived here my whole life and I’ve spent many years living in areas where things like centipedes, scorpions, spiders and highly venomous snakes are fairly common and seen every other day of the week and as of yet I’ve not once been bitten or stung by any of these sorts of things- bees and wasps seriously worry me more than anything as I’ve been stung by them both (and I’m allergic to them) more than once and most times they’ve got me has been in areas where people just don’t worry about the above mentioned critters as they don’t really ever live in those areas. The things that most seem to worry and scare people from other countries rarely cause an issue at all in comparison to every other danger life has to offer lol.
As a person who acts like there's a bear trap on my leg because there's a roach on my foot, while also handling horses that could instantly kill me if they wanted to without being scared, I don't consider dangerous and scary to be the same ;)

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
For some of us it’s a phobia. Snakes and mice/rats don’t really bother me as much as bugs. We get those giant roaches here, and if I run across one in the house—well, I’m shaking, sweating, sometimes crying I hate them so much! Are they dangerous? No. But the reaction I have is visceral and immediate. It would be the same, likely with your centipedes and spiders.

I would love to visit Australia someday. I’d make it a good 8 week trip if I could. Maybe after I retire…

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Nope! No centipedes for me! :rnfrt:
To be honest, with things I don’t like as long as they’ve don’t touch me or come near me I am fine to go else where and continue whatever I was doing.
I did see a millipede the other day, he was a bit cute :wacky: