• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do you think? POLL Clean old playstand or new playstand?

Clean the old playstand or buy new one?

• Clean old one

• Buy new one

Results are only viewable after voting.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
OMG! That is AWESOME!!!!!
I like to think I'm pretty handy and I really like how you think BUT
I'm not sure what kind of wood isn't toxic, screws aren't toxic, etc. In south Louisiana there are lots of bugs, mold, etc out there lol
I'm scared I wont be able to sanitize and get rid of bugs right.
Thought? Maybe I'm being too cautious.
A little over cautious to me. I’ll help you do whatever you want to that stand. Just ask questions.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
A little over cautious to me. I’ll help you do whatever you want to that stand. Just ask questions.
And THAT is what makes you such an awesome person......

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Here's the DIY drive

It's a sub-directory under cages.

paco's human

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
DeeDee
I tend to be that way lol thank you so much!
Here is my first question.
I had some branches fall during a storm a couple of nights ago but I'm not sure what kind of trees I have in my yard.
I know what a pine tree looks like and I think the ones with the pink flowers are crape myrtle, that's the extent of my knowledge of trees lol. Here are a couple of pics of my yard, maybe you might know.
Please look past the bike in the tree in question, I have boys :sigh:

Attachments

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I tend to be that way lol thank you so much!
Here is my first question.
I had some branches fall during a storm a couple of nights ago but I'm not sure what kind of trees I have in my yard.
I know what a pine tree looks like and I think the ones with the pink flowers are crape myrtle, that's the extent of my knowledge of trees lol. Here are a couple of pics of my yard, maybe you might know.
Please look past the bike in the tree in question, I have boys :sigh:
There is an app I use called “PlantSnap”. It identifies 1000’s of different plants.

You take a picture and presto.

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
I have a very similar one. I go to Lowes and buy hardwood dowels to replace the wood. Then I take it outside and steam clean it. This way I don't have to use chemicals and it is just as disinfected. I bought my handheld steamer on Amazon for about $35.00. With a parrot, it is a real lifesaver. Even removes dried on poop!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I bought a similar one too. When Dobby comes in the computer room he loves hanging out on it. They are so big you need a room you can dedicate a spot for it. You should be able to buy safe wood sticks at pet shops and I'm sure Amazon and like that. I wish I could find out who made mine as I could use the slide out floor pan for it but at least mine was cheap and papers still sit there fine.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I love redoing things for the critters. I would absolutely get started. I just bought a stand for $50 and the lady (new friend) was a little worried since it is for big birds. Use it as a base to build things. @JLcribber there isn't anyone making attachments for stands...*hint*hint* Some sort of stainless clamp that attaches to the frame?

I can see one of John's startburst platforms (yes, I've renamed your stuff) hanging as a swing in the middle of the circle or hoop area of mine. Some rope and other additions...

Attachments

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yeah John!!!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Post photos once you set it up!

Reactions: Ali

paco's human

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
DeeDee
Finally got it together. Paco just had a shower and everything around it is disheveled around it but I wanted to post a pic for you guys :bliss:
It's way better made than I was expecting for the price. I mean just look at the wheels!
I'm still adding and rearranging, will definitely need at least one more bowl. What do y'all think?

Attachments