• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what do you think about her feet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had rescued an 18 yo red lored zon. She was so over weight she couldn't support her body. Tiny tiel cage, one round wood perch and no toys. Her feet were very scaley and had ulcers on the underside of the foot. She couldn't even climb around her cage. I put her in a large cage, lots of toys and four different types of perches. I got her on a great diet and would rub aloe, straight from the plant leaf on her feet. She lost weight, her feet heeled and she was able to climb all over her cage. After several months she started to touch and play with toys. I was able to adopt her out to a wonderful family who still keeps in touch over the years. The aloe plant worked wonders.

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
Natural Aloe can help that for sure.

runningoutofroom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
once again thank you all for your comments and suggestions. i am happy to report she is really starting to trust me and is eating a good diet. her feathers and skin are in much better condition already!!!

runningoutofroom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
What is her diet?

How high is the humidity?

Is she near a heater?

That can happen with low humdiity, high temps, and improper diet.
when i got her she was on a seed and nut diet only.. i have her on vitamins and fresh foods as well as a formulated diet now. i bought a humidifier about a week ago. so that is helping. i have radiators in my house but she is not near one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.