• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do you love MOST about your lovies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julsiebean

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Julie
I love the tagline or this little piece of the forum- BIG additude is RIGHT!

I've only have my gals for a short time, Kokomo in April and Aruba a few weeks ago. I always thought lovebirds "weren't for me". Kokomo's previous home need a home for her, and I couldn't say no. When I got her she had a different name, but on the way home the Beach Boy's song came on and she went nuts! She loved it! Plus my toddler is adorable calling her Oh-ko-mo. Since she was only semi-tame I knew she would need a birdy pal so I waited until I found the perfect little gal- and that is how I got Aruba.

ANYWAYS I guess what I love most about them aside from the beautiful chatter they bring into our home is how stinkin' CUTE they are. Even when Kokomo is being a mean little POOT she is so CUTE!

I love seeing the girls swing together, preen, and just be lovebirds with each other. They make my soul feel gooey.

Does anyone have a tame lovebird? What is that like?

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
A tame lovebird... :eek: Imagine a clingy 2 year old and you have Peanut. What I love about lovebirds is how goofy and onery they are. And determined. I have 1 little girl that is so determined to build her nest, that she will carry anything and everything back to her cage. The things I find in there!!!??? :confused: I don't know how she does it!?

And, I have another little girl who is so determined to be a momma, that it is sad and funny at the same time. She will ocassionally lay eggs and I let her sit on them until she is done. When she realizes that they aren't going to hatch, she madly chirps at them, going so crazy that her hut swings back and forth, and tosses them out. :lol:

Kiwi and Peanut are my 2 tamest lovies. Kiwi is more independent, he will play on his own and with the other lovies. But Peanut is my clingy toddler. :rolleyes: If he isn't on me, he is trying to get on me. Once a year, I get him clipped (just a baby clip) to get a break from him.

Peanut just turned 4 and he is still as loving, beautiful, funny, smart, friendly as he was the day I brought him home. Most birds are so shy and leary when they first come home. Not Peanut. From day 1, he made himself at home and took over the house. Nobody is allowed to walk into this house without seeing him and if you don't pay attention to him, he will come to you! :lol:Whether or not you don't like birds...his job is to make sure you like birds and want one by the time you leave.

There isn't a bird in my home that I connect with as much as I do Peanut. My life is brighter because of him. Such a big job for such a little thing, but it is true. He makes me smile and he aggravates me to death, but I love him so much that it is all worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Where to start!!!

I love everything about my lovies:heart:

They are so darn cute, and are such loveable brats! So much personality and attitude in those little feathered bodies. They're so smart and outgoing and soft and cuddly and I don't know how anyone can NOT love them!

My Leyla and Nin are tame, and Rigby is semi-tame. They love to hang out with me and Nin loves training sessions, he is so smart. I love how L&N greet new people. They are so enthusiastic, fly right to them and get all up in their face chirping loudly.

I think lovies are perfect:heart:

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I loved hearing about your Peanut! :heart:
Thank you. He's my baby boy and I don't mind at all, I can talk about him for hours LOL I even have a "brag book" of pictures that I whip out for unsuspecting people LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.