• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What do YOU do when your fid is grumpy?

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Depends on the bird, if they are in such a grumpy mood they don't want to interact with people then I would never force them to. It just kind of depends on the day I guess.

petiteoiseau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bibi
Hmmmm. I can't really say that any of my birds gets 'grumpy'. They are all pretty even-tempered. There are situations, of course, like defending a nest during breeding season or wanting to do what they want to do instead of what is easiest for me and/or safest for them -LOL- but I just avoid getting too close to the nest or simply redirect them so they never get to the point of 'grumpiness'.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
When Lurch is just merely grumpy we leave him alone or maybe try to give him a treat nearby and maybe a scratch if he seems receptive. Now if he's in a homicidal rage and in full battle mode and gets on his cage he gets chased in till he decides to calm down and play nice.
He got mad and decided to jump on my shoulder and bite my neck so he escaped to his cage and then got chased in with a pillow and covered for a bit, then left inside till his rage passed and he calmed down and forgot what he was mad about.
Now, today, he's been sitting by me, stealing my dinner, sleeping, and getting scratches like nothing ever happened.

Latency

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ashley
When the conures get grumpy they make a big deal about it, puff up, pace back and forth and mumble things to me(I only assume they're cursing at me in bird-talk.) so I will "argue" with them until they're satisfied with the argument that they've allegedly won. Then I go back to whatever I was doing and they'll usually tear into a toy to burn off the rest of their energy. Then when they're happy again we whistle back and forth. :x3:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Depends on the bird.

Moby for instance gets to go back inside his house. If he's "grumpy" more than likely he's trying to kill someone. So in his cage he goes for a little while - until he's calm. And then he's let out again. And the process continues.

Mera is allowed to stay out if she is "grumpy".I just give her space. Unless she wants to fly at me. Then its house time.

Opa and Mali have never shown aggressive behaviors such as "grumpiness".

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Depends on how dangerous the grumpy bird is. If they are likely to do the fly at me or another bird attack, then they have to go back in their cage to cool off. Otherwise, I don't worry about it much and proceed as usual minus holding them. They can come out of their cage and play on a gym even though they don't want scritches. I just on't push myself on them.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Happy is rarely grumpy but when he is...music and pecan help. Lol

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
This may sound weird but Zazu has never yet had a grumpy day that I can recall. Maybe more nippy but that's when he's over-stimulated or something.

LoveBird<3

Walking the driveway
This may sound weird but Zazu has never yet had a grumpy day that I can recall. Maybe more nippy but that's when he's over-stimulated or something.
Or hungry. If Birdie is hungry, she will squawk like nobody's business...

Heather F

Frodo seems to be starting his juvenile bluffing phase so he's kind of moody lately. He'll be fine, then suddenly decide he wants to be territorial over my mouse (while I'm using it) or whatever else. He gets shooed away from whatever he's decided to guard. Sometimes when he puffs up his cheeks and snorfles at us in his rage face, we puff up our cheeks and snorfle back. He seems to think this is either confusing or a great game, because it usually makes him forget about whatever he was mad about. :hehe:

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
:scared1: < Me when Sammy is grumpy.

Joey has never been grumpy with me yet. :)

Shivan

Walking the driveway
When my conure gets in a snit, I just make sure I have a tube of neosporin nearby, because I'll be needing it :p (And possibly a band-aid)